Quantcast

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
wild indeed. Normandy is where my mom's side of the family is from. 45 km from Juno beach. That war is the reason I am a Canadian, even if I was born 30 years after armistice. Franco-Canadian ties were strong after the war.

My mom still lives there, and driving through the country-side is always a sobering reminder of the cost of liberty. And the ravages of war.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
wild indeed. Normandy is where my mom's side of the family is from. 45 km from Juno beach. That war is the reason I am a Canadian, even if I was born 30 years after armistice. Franco-Canadian ties were strong after the war.

My mom still lives there, and driving through the country-side is always a sobering reminder of the cost of liberty. And the ravages of war.
Been there as well. Its just one of those things I will never forget. Walking along the beaches and seeing the bullet holes that are still in the buildings.

Then Vimy Ridge.........That place is unbelievable. How did anyone live through that? The whole area looks like the surface of a golf ball.