Quantcast

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I used deadener and am using silicone on the panel clips. Nothing pisses me off more than bass related rattles. Now if I had a Honda Civic, I would leave the license bolts a little loose to get the added reverb.

One thing that pisses me off is I got it all buttoned up and had motor noise real bad in the highs. I did a bunch of troubleshooting to no avail and while driving to the parts store, the noise stopped. System sounded GREAT. I was happy until I got in it yesterday to drive to work and the noise was back! Half way to work, the noise was gone. Noise gone all day, sounded great. Then this morning, same thing. Weird.

I think it's a bad ground on the deck (old ass Panasonic that was in the truck when I bought it). Now if only I could register above 100db with my phone, I want to see just what this bad boy can do.

If you were listening to the stereo with the car switched off you can get increased noise from the alternator as it is working hard to replenish the battery, or your system can drain more than your alt can put out also making it run at full output to top the battery up when you turn it back down.

I always clean every earth on the car before I start and add an extra eath strap in the engine bay just for good measure. Also if you have shielded cables make sure you hooked them up the correct way(not a common thing).

I still need to pull out my Alpine Type R POS because it gets hot enough to cook eggs just running three way splits, rubbish amp.