Quantcast

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Napa air tools....and Matco hand tools, lifetime warranty on both
Napa air tools have not been lifetime in some time now..... they are sh^t anyways.

Matco has got to be the best your going to find across the board... Made in Usa, mostly made in house.

As for air tools.... If you want an air ratchet or an impact with good torque.... Your going to spend some cash. I have a 750 foot pound 1/2 in drive impact, a 400 foot pound 3/8's impact, a 140 foot pound air ratchet..... They may be printed with matco on teh side, but they are IR brand.....

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Napa air tools have not been lifetime in some time now..... they are sh^t anyways.

Matco has got to be the best your going to find across the board... Made in Usa, mostly made in house.

As for air tools.... If you want an air ratchet or an impact with good torque.... Your going to spend some cash. I have a 750 foot pound 1/2 in drive impact, a 400 foot pound 3/8's impact, a 140 foot pound air ratchet..... They may be printed with matco on teh side, but they are IR brand.....
You might be a good person to ask, I want a 2ft 1/2" breaker bar that is tough and has no radial play at all.
I'm pretty sure my last one was an SEK which was great until the head snapped and I smashed my head on the inside of a wheel arch.

I found some NOS Proto tools on Ebay last year they looked like they had been stored in the boxes for about twenty years but they seem really good, bought every socket and spanner set they sold.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Nice, can't believe they still race them.

One of the guys in #34 live across the road from me, he won a few dirt and road national titles in Australia, pretty sure he built most of his sidecars too. His body is pretty beaten up now from numerous broken bones and random injuries.
jack.jpg

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
You might be a good person to ask, I want a 2ft 1/2" breaker bar that is tough and has no radial play at all.
I'm pretty sure my last one was an SEK which was great until the head snapped and I smashed my head on the inside of a wheel arch.

I found some NOS Proto tools on Ebay last year they looked like they had been stored in the boxes for about twenty years but they seem really good, bought every socket and spanner set they sold.
For a breaker bar???? As long as its not a cheap they are all pretty much the same. I have broke the ends off all of them I have had... anything less than fifty each scares me.... As for Proto tools, you will not find them in my tool box, I have broke those way too much. Overall just make sure it is made from good quality hardened steel.

Last edited:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
For a breaker bar???? As long as its not a cheap they are all pretty much the same. I have broke the ends off all of them I have had... anything less than fifty each scares me.... As for Proto tools, you will not find them in my tool box, I have broke those way too much. Overall just make sure it is made from good quality hardened steel.
OK cool cool, it's strange I never really broke much working on trucks and buses but removing the head from my car I split two sockets, I hate working on cars.