Quantcast

Rampage questions... also, anyone going?

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
I'm headed out there for the first time and wanted to see if any :monkeydance:'s are going.
I'll be there with my 5yr old son, so no real riding. Might do a little sessioning over on Guacamole trail though.

Also, for anyone that has been there in the past, what are the options for camping? Do a lot of folks just throw up a tent site down random dirt roads? Seems like there are very few developed sites in the area and a LOT of people coming to the event. If so, what are the campfire regulations? I have a fire pit I plan on bringing so I won't be leaving behind a burnt mess. Hoping that will be legal.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Thanks Woo... Knew I could count on you for the straight dope.
;)

So campfires are cool out there as well?
Keep it contained, keep it small and be damn sure you get it out when you leave. I don't know what the restrictions are in southern Utah at the moment but you know what campfires do in California right now. Just don't be that guy.

But it's blm land, so you should be good.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Yeah, its gonna be small Woo. Just wanna be able to cook some wieners and marshmallows w/ the kid at night.
And being a Californian, I certainly do know what a few stray embers can do to an entire mountain. Our local endurance race (Vision Quest) has been canceled for the past TWO years, all due to one fire.