Quantcast

radar detectors?

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
This thread coming from the kid who ripped his tire off his rim drifting like ken blockhead... Maybe antics like that get you pulled over-dont get me wrong, im not better, but at least be honest with yourself. There is a difference between 35 mph and sideways around the corner with smoke blowing off the wheels at 35

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Using a radar detector in mass is like buying a fat bike in california.... or that somebody was using their garage door opener.
my detector has saved my ass more times in MA and CT then any other state ive driven through. and if yours go off with a garage door opener, then you shouldnt be buying one from the dollar store

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
my detector has saved my ass more times in MA and CT then any other state ive driven through. and if yours go off with a garage door opener, then you shouldnt be buying one from the dollar store
Garage door detection is probably a good feature for this particular monkey.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
There was an jammer installed in my buddies C6 (previous owner) that seems to do quite well. I think it's called a Passport? There is a tiny display mounted in the ash tray that shows cool lights and stuff.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I never had any luck with mine in MA, I believe it was a bel or passport. It worked great in NY, saved me from several tickets when I was younger and dumber. Poleese used K or Ka band and it picked it up around corners. In MA I'd be cruising along then it was 9 bars of loud on the x or y band (or whatever) all of a sudden.

edit: then again, I truly think you have to be going over 90 to get pulled over in MA. I travel at 76mph and regularly get passed.

Last edited:

D.2

Monkey
Jun 17, 2010
Medway, MA
Try the Waze app. It's a crowd sourced navigation system for your phone where the users post traffic conditions, hazards, AND POLICE. It's not fail proof, but it's saved me from at least one speeding ticket and several traffic jams. There are a lot of users now so it's definitely worth using and it's free. Combine it with a radar detector if you really want to maximize your detection rate.

insanitylevel9

triple nubby
Jan 7, 2011
hopkinton ma
This thread coming from the kid who ripped his tire off his rim drifting like ken blockhead... Maybe antics like that get you pulled over-dont get me wrong, im not better, but at least be honest with yourself. There is a difference between 35 mph and sideways around the corner with smoke blowing off the wheels at 35
i do not do that on public roads, the only time that happens is in abandon parking lots.