Quantcast

Question! 04 Bullit & 888

samich457

Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Stinkin Lincoln
Just picked up a 04 Bullit and want to put my 8 inch 888 on it. SC website says bike takes up to 7 inch fork. Anyone have this combo? If so hows it ride? Should I send forks in and have them made to 7 inch? Help!!

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
The Super Monster is the fork that you really want.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
samich457 said:
Just picked up a 04 Bullit and want to put my 8 inch 888 on it. SC website says bike takes up to 7 inch fork. Anyone have this combo? If so hows it ride? Should I send forks in and have them made to 7 inch? Help!!
Use the search...I saw a photo and a mini review of someone who had a Bullit set up like that. I don't think he liked it, but I could be wrong, it was sometime ago.

Don't listen to Jm_, what you really want is a Boxxer :devil:

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
I just saw some guy who had a 170 888 and wanted to trade cartridges for a 200. Don't remember if it was rm, mtbr, or pb.

InsaneP2Rider

Monkey
Jul 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
Brian HCM#1 said:
If you want a 8" 888, consider going with the Risse or Go-Ride crowns, with that setup its about a 1/2" taller than a 7" Boxxer.

now i think that keeping the 888 in the 8 is the best option, but deffintly think about the risse or go-ride crowns so the headangle won't be too slack

Rik

Turbo Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Sydney, Australia
Here's something to think about, if it says "for 7" fork", but you install a 7" fork with the height of 8", does the universe start spinning backwards?
This is why I am not a fan of people referring to fork heights measured by their travel, as axle-crown is alot more relevant with issues such as angles and leverage.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Rik said:
Here's something to think about, if it says "for 7" fork", but you install a 7" fork with the height of 8", does the universe start spinning backwards?
This is why I am not a fan of people referring to fork heights measured by their travel, as axle-crown is alot more relevant with issues such as angles and leverage.
Good point. And some forks have two inches of adjustment in ride height by moving the legs up or down in the clamps.