Quantcast

Purple Annodization lives Forever

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Does anybody know of a company that makes purple hubs? I think it is extremely important to have something on your bike that is purple annodized, and sadly, I have nothing. CK has them, but they are uber expensive. Does anybody else make some purple bling?

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Sandwich said:
Does anybody know of a company that makes purple hubs? I think it is extremely important to have something on your bike that is purple annodized, and sadly, I have nothing. CK has them, but they are uber expensive. Does anybody else make some purple bling?
At my work we send stuff to get anodized all the time. Our driver brought back a key ring of color samples. I've spent a lot of time wondering about cool colors.

If I get dared by enough people I will get every piece of my 9point5 anodized purple. How funny would that be? :p Frame, cranks, brakes, rims, hubs, everything! :thumb:

Check your local yellow pages for a company that anodizes. Give them a call and see what they'd charge you for a bucket of aluminum parts. If you have access to a media blaster you can make anything look like new. Well, I guess if it were ano'd purple it'd look 10 years old, not new. :D

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
TWISTED said:
If I get dared by enough people I will get every piece of my 9point5 anodized purple. How funny would that be? :p Frame, cranks, brakes, rims, hubs, everything! :thumb:

:D
You now have to show on the 24th with at last one purple annodized bit on your bike........

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
oly said:
You now have to show on the 24th with at last one purple annodized bit on your bike........
I think I need more coaxing than that!
I Don't think I could get it all done that quickly.
I don't think my bosses would be too happy the purple, ha ha.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Twisted.... just one part..... or you could win us over by just getting purple anno bar ends....the real big and long hooked kind! That would be badical. Hope you can make it the 24th....with or without custom anno.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Bar ends? Maybe bar end caps or plugs but definitely no big hooked bar ends.
Spandex? I said I might anno my bike PURPLE, not PINK!

Here's a photo of my bike. The frame is polished. I'm thinking of taping off a design like flames or something then blasting it. That should be a cool effect after anno. :thumb:
Maybe I'll try to photoshop the picture to see what it would look like.

scofflaw23

Monkey
Mar 13, 2002
Raleigh
Your best bet is probably eBay, I'm sure Real, NukeProof, etc. etc made purple hubs back in the day. You might have trouble finding a disc/9speed one though, other than CK. or Hadley, just check the website though to see for sure.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Incubus said:
Get the swingarm and the fork lowers annodized. That'd look quite good actually :think: ...kind of :devil:
I'm not really trying to make it look "GOOD". I just think it would be kinda funny.
I ride my other bikes all the time while this one usually sits. So I'm thinking "all or nothing".
I think the fork lowers are magnesium, not sure if the anodizing will take to them? Same for the Hayes mag brakes.

scofflaw23

Monkey
Mar 13, 2002
Raleigh
TWISTED said:
I'm not really trying to make it look "GOOD". I just think it would be kinda funny.
I ride my other bikes all the time while this one usually sits. So I'm thinking "all or nothing".
I think the fork lowers are magnesium, not sure if the anodizing will take to them? Same for the Hayes mag brakes.
If it won't affect the performance, why not some anno purple stanchions?

Incubus

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
Boston, MA
TWISTED said:
you're right... I don't think you can annodize magnesium. You could however pick up some
G2 caliper paint in purple. I've used it and it comes out perfect every time.

Kiss the resale of that frame and fork goodbye. :D

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Incubus said:
you're right... I don't think you can annodize magnesium. You could however pick up some
G2 caliper paint in purple. I've used it and it comes out perfect every time.

Kiss the resale of that frame and fork goodbye. :D
Paint, that sounds like work. :(
I can take my parts, blast em, put em in a box, then send em.
Then they come back SUPERFLY . :thumb:

I can't sell my stuff anyway.