Quantcast

PSA: Five Ten dealio

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
I went ahead and copped them purple joints on Jenson. I hate white/black shoes and purple irritated me far less. so purple it was. Not too happy with my Hellcats (not from a quality standpoint) they are just to clunky feeling, its like the shoe has a iron sole and doesnt bend very well and are mad heavy.

A couple years ago I sent 5.10 this photoshop of the spitfire, asking why they had to make the worst color combos. White leather/black sole? Really. I said I wanted a shoe I could ride in as well as wear out and not feel like a 12 year old with wheels in the heels or a adult clown on the way to balloon school.

Last edited:

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
I got some too! Anyone know a good place to replace the insoles in a size 13 five ten impact? I got an old pair i'm trying to do a little necromancy on.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Update:
I've been riding these for over a month for DH and trail riding.
Pros: they're new
Cons: these (freeriders) are not as still as my last pair (sam.hills) and its really noticeable.

I only mind when riding DH, but its enough to where I'd think twice when buying another pair. I really preferred the stiffness of the last shoe. Was the Sam Hill version basically an Impact model?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Since were on the topic of 5.10. I came accross these for trail building, and double as a freeride shoe as well.
Just got these in the mail yesterday, rode around the block on the DJ bike with them and they feel awesome. I am replacing my impacts with these bad boys. Really comfy and tons of padding/support. They look way better in person than the marketing photos.

The theory on a trail building shoe is to allow them to foot pack a bit better hence the lack of tread. They are also chainsaw proof in trouble spots.

Last edited: