Quantcast

2016 Rocky Mountain Maiden

peecee

Monkey
Apr 27, 2012
Australia
After 4 long years we get to see it any time soon
RM.jpg

I also googled Rocky Mountain Maiden and found this shop seems like a shop jumped the gun and must of posted it early and then took it down as there is no information on the site but still this thumbnail with Rocky Mountain Maiden Unlimited Framset next to it.
bc6e294a6c2faa67b14e56209191af40.image.200x150.jpg

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
And a very small rear triangle/frame. Umm yeah, Sorry, my fault.
So this is the Carbon IH Sunday we are all waiting for?
I was just kidding, although if one were to be pedantic one could argue that every four bar has a virtual pivot.
Let's wait for bradflynn to chime in.

The one objective statement I can make about this frame is that it's hideous.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
A Horst Link is essentially a VPP (maestro or DW-Link in this case, since both links rotate in the same direction) with a minimum rear triangle and a big lower link. However, those nasty lines they drew don't look like anything remotely related to any VPP tracing...

aenema

almost 100% positive
Sep 5, 2008
Everybody see the rear brake line routing. Mandatory line separation from caliper to route internal and then through some tiny hole in the stay makes me displeased. Not that I planned to ever purchase, but still seems stoopid.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
I was just kidding, although if one were to be pedantic one could argue that every four bar has a virtual pivot.
Let's wait for bradflynn to chime in.

The one objective statement I can make about this frame is that it's hideous.
Seems like I was not enough sarcastic in my post above. To me it's just another horst link variation. That's it. RM should keep the marketing-bs for them. It's no secret, that a few bike companys adapted the horst link after the ending of Specialized's patent.
The geometry and features to be able to run the bike with 26" and 27,5" is what I like.
They should add the quadratic chip for the damper on the chainstay too. So you could run long and short chainstays in either 26" or 27,5" height.

But all in all the bike's too pricey and the longer I stare at it, the less it pleases my eyes.