Quantcast

Press Fit BB's for 83mm

Commencal-guy

Monkey
Nov 25, 2007
Massachusetts, US of A
I'm pretty new to the Press in Fit BB's, but I was wondering if anyone can help me and tell me which Press fit BB adapter to use for the Truvativ Hozfeller cranks OCT. Its for the new Commencal v3 which uses a press in fit BB.

Any help will be a great!

wood booger

Monkey
Jul 16, 2008
the land of cheap beer
Check the SRAM website. I know they have one for 73mm shell+Truvativ cranks, so they should have one for 83mm as well. It is not a BB adapter however, it is a bearing assembly.

I don't know if they make an adapter to put normal threaded BB into that frame like Specialized and the new Demo. Is that what you're after?

Apart from that the only one other I know of is e*13 which won't work with those cranks.

I think Chris King is coming out with one in 2017.

Commencal-guy

Monkey
Nov 25, 2007
Massachusetts, US of A
Check the SRAM website. I know they have one for 73mm shell+Truvativ cranks, so they should have one for 83mm as well. It is not a BB adapter however, it is a bearing assembly.

I don't know if they make an adapter to put normal threaded BB into that frame like Specialized and the new Demo. Is that what you're after?

Apart from that the only one other I know of is e*13 which won't work with those cranks.

I think Chris King is coming out with one in 2017.
Yes this is what I was looking for. If not does the new Truvativ Descendent cranks work with the shimano press fit cups? I'm not sure if they use a 24mm spindle like Shimano, Raceface, FSA.

Bikes are getting so complicated!

mushik

Chimp
May 9, 2007
We have some from Sixpack Racing 92mm wide and claimed 146g. You could go that route... ;)

EVIL JN

Monkey
Jul 24, 2009
Descendants and some Wheels mftg adapters works with a sram pf30 bb but you will need some extra spacers to get the spacing correct. I run it on my 2011 demo and its working nicely. Be sure to get the proper sram adapters as the shimano ones requires a little unconventional methods to make it work.

Otherwise the truvativ pf30 to bsa adapters should work with the holzfeller and howitzer bb, i used to run that same setup before my descendants.

Commencal-guy

Monkey
Nov 25, 2007
Massachusetts, US of A
Descendants and some Wheels mftg adapters works with a sram pf30 bb but you will need some extra spacers to get the spacing correct. I run it on my 2011 demo and its working nicely. Be sure to get the proper sram adapters as the shimano ones requires a little unconventional methods to make it work.

Otherwise the truvativ pf30 to bsa adapters should work with the holzfeller and howitzer bb, i used to run that same setup before my descendants.
Do you know if the Sram's BB92 MTB BB will work with the Descendents? I'm not liking the whole extra spacer idea on the pf30

plus BB92 is ment for 83mm cranks correct?

Last edited:

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Does anyone else think this bs is getting out of control?

I guess on the other hand, you only really need to know what works for the bike you have- but still!

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
I'm not bashing your bike or it's bottom bracket. I just think it's crazy how many different systems are popping up. I've seen three new ones this year (commencal, specialized, mountain cycle) and it seems like a lot of added complexity/ difficulty locating parts for little benefit. ... and like I said before, if you know what your bike needs, it really probably doesn't matter too much.

Maybe I should have picked somewhere else (like the mountain cycle thread) to complain about all of these new "standards"- didn't mean to rain on your new bike parade. I think the bike looks awesome, and I even think that bb design makes a lot of sense- I just wish the industry could agree on one!

EVIL JN

Monkey
Jul 24, 2009
Do you know if the Sram's BB92 MTB BB will work with the Descendents? I'm not liking the whole extra spacer idea on the pf30

plus BB92 is ment for 83mm cranks correct?
No idea if it will work or if BB92 is for 83mm cranks, but i am around 84kg geared up and my setup has survived a fair bit of punishment and hasnt given of one creak or anything. So it really shouldnt be any problem to make the same setup work for you, just pop in to a local hardware store and get some properly sized spacers and i can pretty much guarantie it will work.

Commencal-guy

Monkey
Nov 25, 2007
Massachusetts, US of A
I'm not bashing your bike or it's bottom bracket. I just think it's crazy how many different systems are popping up. I've seen three new ones this year (commencal, specialized, mountain cycle) and it seems like a lot of added complexity/ difficulty locating parts for little benefit. ... and like I said before, if you know what your bike needs, it really probably doesn't matter too much.

Maybe I should have picked somewhere else (like the mountain cycle thread) to complain about all of these new "standards"- didn't mean to rain on your new bike parade. I think the bike looks awesome, and I even think that bb design makes a lot of sense- I just wish the industry could agree on one!
I couldn't have agreed with you more. But its still a new system/design that im willing to try out. However I never found the old standard BB to be an issue...