Quantcast

Post your 2012 Rides!

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
yah, I think of orange DH bikes as consistently being some of the lighter bikes out there.

ralf007

Chimp
Oct 30, 2007
new zealand
Why the air shock? How did you get a raw frame? I thought they only came in white. How does it ride? Anything you dont like?
its raw and polished because i know and worked the owners of zerode

has the airshock because im a weight weenie, may put a coil in after nz summer

there is nothing to not like about it.....

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Well I updated the Nicolai today, new K9 bars, FSA direct mount on 2012 Marz crown, New to me 2011 888 with QR lowers, It now also runs this new snazzy thing called "nine speed".

Je3Re3My

Chimp
Nov 21, 2011
Kona Entourage DLX with upgraded Rock Shox Totem RC2 DH (should of waited for the black one)
photo (1).JPG

Last edited:

san_andreas

Chimp
Dec 16, 2010
My ride for 2012:

Framekit: K9 DH001-S
Shock: Vivid R2C2 with K9 Race spring
Fork: Fox 40 RC2 with K9 fork bearing
Headset: K9 / CaneCreek
Stem: K9 direct mount
Bar: Enve DH
Grips: ODI Intense
Brakes: Hope Tech V2
Shifting: Sram X.9 with Ultegra cassette
Crank / bottom bracket: XTR 970
Chainring: Renthal 36t
Chainguide: MRP G2 Sl
Pedals: 26 Rallye
Wheels: Deemax Ultimate
Tires: Highroller UST
Saddle: SLR
Seatpost: Thomson Elite

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
Tidy. Air shock didn't cut it for me, damping, and spring changes to much, especially if there's a big double jump at the bottom of your local track. Leave the carbon guard off, or drill holes in it like I did, get as much air to that piggy back as you can. I'm keen/stupid enough to try a Vivid air or more-so the CC or Boss when they're available. Defiantly plush enough for air with all the travel, and bump compliance.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
The K9 might be my favorite bike on the market right now. Shame they're SO expensive in the States.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
My ride for 2012:

Framekit: K9 DH001-S
Shock: Vivid R2C2 with K9 Race spring
Fork: Fox 40 RC2 with K9 fork bearing
Headset: K9 / CaneCreek
Stem: K9 direct mount
Bar: Enve DH
Grips: ODI Intense
Brakes: Hope Tech V2
Shifting: Sram X.9 with Ultegra cassette
Crank / bottom bracket: XTR 970
Chainring: Renthal 36t
Chainguide: MRP G2 Sl
Pedals: 26 Rallye
Wheels: Deemax Ultimate
Tires: Highroller UST
Saddle: SLR
Seatpost: Thomson Elite
How do you like it? What other bikes did you have

Jeremy - nice bike. I allways though the main pivot on the entourage was lower. Good to see it isnt

san_andreas

Chimp
Dec 16, 2010
@no skid marks: the CCDB is not the best option for the DH001-S according to K9. They highly recommend the Vivid.

@HAB: maybe contact the German Distributor for a better price: info@everyday26.de .
But there are only a few frames left. Only 50 were produced.

@norbar: haven't ridden it yet. But four of my friends all ride K9 now and they all recommend the K9 as the best frame, they ever had.

My bikes were: Specialized SX Trail 2007 and 2008, Alutech G-Boxx2, Intense Socom, Marin Quake and Foes RS 7.

None of these bikes/frames were manufactured at this high level.

san_andreas

Chimp
Dec 16, 2010
I didn' t feel too much hype. Most of the people do not like the frame because of its looks.

And I didn' talk about the hype about the riding performance, I talked about the level of manufacturing.

lotti-2012-build-1024x768.jpg

2007 Ancillotti Thomaso DHP
2011 fox 40's (SKF seals to come for race season)
Formula Mega brakes
Hope bulb w mavic 721 Rims
SLX cranks 38tooth chainring
XO gripshift 9speed X9 Mech
11-28 cassette I think
Maxxis Highrollers w welterweight tubes or rat cut Spikes for when it gets NASTY.
Race face atlas FR bar and a bunch of Straitline bling bits.

http://www.mtbwestcork.com/blog/2011/12/ancillotti-ricardo-the-rebuild/

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
So, I went to LBS to assemble new fork and FSA Option -1,5* headset. It's been a little bit hassle, but the result is quite OK :)

The bike lost another 250g :) So it should be about 14,90kg :) Still got to put it on scale.

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
what makes them so great over the awesome work that other companies do?
Ride one and decide for yourself. Easier than debating "facts" on the net, based on the "facts" coming from "hype" or the net.
For me it's that they're cromo, and have a high pivot mainly. The leverage ratio seems pretty nice too.
In most cases, I find bike set up can make more of a difference to a bikes ride qualities as the bikes design itself. I've ridden many bikes I could say were crap, but once getting them dialed for me were quite nice. Then there's the rear shock, that can also make or break a lot of bikes(well border line ones anyway. I'm rocking a DHX air in my Zerode, feels alright with 9.25" of travel driving it, and the rearward axle path sucking up the square edge hits well, but felt crap in other bikes).

Last edited: