Quantcast

Post your 2012 Rides!

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
OK aside of a couple mods its there, btw the large SX trail is not a light frame to work off.

2010 sx trail large
Fox talas 180 kashima
xt cranks
canfield crampon pedals
tomson post
thomson stem
sdg tifly saddle
e-13 ring
gamut bash
answer pro taper baars
odi lock ons
avid elixr (formula ones on the way)
dhx 4 (yolk is being modded for avalanche woodie)
2011 Sram X0 der 10 speed
Sram X0 shifters 2x10 10 speed
xt 11/36 10 speed cassette
kmc xsl ti chain
Hadley hubs laced with double butted to DT swiss EX500 hoops tubeless conversion
Schwalbe Muddy marys vert star compound 2.35

Chris king BB and headset will be on tomorrow and a ti spring for the woodie and custom yolk should be done in a week or 2.

richgardiner

Monkey
Aug 19, 2008
between 36.5-37. No im not gay enough to take a photo of it on some scales! :P
Just waiting for a renthal DM stem, then last things to get are ti spring and icetech rotors.
After coming off the same bike for 3 years (sunday) this feels very different and its going to take some getting used to. Noticeably slacker and lower, absolutely destroys corners!
Need to work on suspension setup aswell, uk riding requires a way different setup than whistler where ive been using those forks for 3 months in the summer!

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
between 36.5-37. No im not gay enough to take a photo of it on some scales! :P
Just waiting for a renthal DM stem, then last things to get are ti spring and icetech rotors.
After coming off the same bike for 3 years (sunday) this feels very different and its going to take some getting used to. Noticeably slacker and lower, absolutely destroys corners!
Need to work on suspension setup aswell, uk riding requires a way different setup than whistler where ive been using those forks for 3 months in the summer!
It looks low and slack but it is painted like an older (pre 2010 geo update) demo. Can you explain it? Have you tweaked the geo somehow or is it a repainted 2010 model?

richgardiner

Monkey
Aug 19, 2008
It was one of the final pre-retail 2010's, theres a few of them floating around over in america. I bought it during crankworx. Everything is the same as the 2010 bar the paintjob. I was gonna get it sprayed black but i actually love the blue now! looks a lot more unique than all the red/black ones!

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
If i can sell my Morewood I'd be on a Demo... but unfortunately the recession has also effected the bike industry! Everyone's broke... :-(

^^here you go. just put the image address in img tags and you'll get your pic as above.

i have the giant ac air lite for xc/AM duties... 4.5, 5.15, and 6" choice rear suspension.

if you plan on using that for "mini dh", atleast get an angleset, because at 69* HA, it's far too steep.

imo, get a 160-180mm fork in place of that DC. you can make it a better 'good AM/FR' bike, than you would a 'good DH' bike...if that makes sense.
Yeah I'll probably change some stuff up, this is just how it was set up when I bought it. Although I am loving the DH bike feel, but an angleset would make it even better. And some lighter parts, thing is freaking heavy.

ustemuf

Monkey
Apr 8, 2010
Bay Area

2011 Specialized Demo Medium
Rock Shox Boxxer R2C2 /w Firm Spring
Cane Creek Double Barrel /w 425lb Obtainium spring & bearing system
Mavic Deemax wheelset - Highroller / Highroller 2 tubeless
Shimano Saint 165mm cranks
Shimano Saint shifter
Shimano Saint rear derailleur
Point 1 Podium pedals
E13 SRS+ chain guide
KMC X9SL gold chain
Cane Creek XiiX flush headset
Hope integrated crown/stem
Renthal Fatbars 38mm rise
Avid Code brakes 203/203 - TI rotor bolts
ODI attack lock on grips
Thomson seatpost
Thomson seatpost clamp
Tioga Spyder seat

38 lbs 0oz on a Park Scale

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
Just waiting on a few sweet parts to build it up all ridiculously light now.
I know the ribbed condom packet says "she'll love you for it", and the dudes batting for the wrong team need the traction in the mud, but how's that seat treating you? Is it a pain in the arse?
Let us know if you really think lighter is better(once the expense justification has worn off).
Nice Demo:thumb: Can you trump the Demo action shots above?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I know the ribbed condom packet says "she'll love you for it", and the dudes batting for the wrong team need the traction in the mud, but how's that seat treating you? Is it a pain in the arse?
Let us know if you really think lighter is better(once the expense justification has worn off).
Nice Demo:thumb: Can you trump the Demo action shots above?
Seat only goes on in the mud. Just happened to be on that post when I was building it up. It's not exactly comfortable if you're sitting on a long ride. Does the job though!

No action shots. Cameras are put away, work season is over. Time to actually ride.

Aug 25, 2011
West Milford, NJ, 'MERICA
My 2012 Matteblack TR450 from Transition. Also have a 2012 TOP on the way. Gonna build it green and black. its the 2012 Green and Black model. Be here in December at the Earliest. The frame pictured is a tr250 from 2011 but thats because I couldnt find a frame only picture.

Attachments

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
My DH bikes from the last two seasons. 09 Izimu and 2010 GT Fury.

Not sure which one to keep. Might rob all of the best parts, sell both frames and get something new. To add to the confusion, my Vivid Air arrived today and I don't even know which bike to put it on :rofl:

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
My DH bikes from the last two seasons. 09 Izimu and 2010 GT Fury.

Not sure which one to keep. Might rob all of the best parts, sell both frames and get something new. To add to the confusion, my Vivid Air arrived today and I don't even know which bike to put it on :rofl:

Seem like 2 very different bikes. Wouldn't picking one that suits the trails you ride the most make most sense?

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
Seem like 2 very different bikes.
You reckon. Pivot locations very close.
Not sure of the leverage curve(Moorwodd seems to be more linear, less rising rate).
Both squat under brakes.
yeah one has the I-Drive but still. Both are skippers.
Not knocking either, just pretty similar IMO.
Matt man, see f you can swap the GT swingarm on the Moorwood, 1-1000 chance, but still.

Last edited:

eater

Monkey
Nov 25, 2005
Switzerland
My 2012 Matteblack TR450 from Transition. Also have a 2012 TOP on the way. Gonna build it green and black. its the 2012 Green and Black model. Be here in December at the Earliest. The frame pictured is a tr250 from 2011 but thats because I couldnt find a frame only picture.
nice build kitt

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
You reckon. Pivot locations very close.
Not sure of the leverage curve(Moorwodd seems to be more linear, less rising rate).
Both squat under brakes.
yeah one has the I-Drive but still. Both are skippers.
Not knocking either, just pretty similar IMO.
Matt man, see f you can swap the GT swingarm on the Moorwood, 1-1000 chance, but still.
Didn't look at the GT closely enough. Always assumed it was higher since they can fight chain stretch with i drive.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Swapping some bits on my Nicolai, going to Arrow rims, CX Ray spokes and Hope hubs, this new thing called 9 speed, K9 bars and possibly going to my old Kowa 200si if the re-bush works properly.

I'm putting my Corsair back together as a spare, but I would gladly ride my HT over that POS any day/

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Swapping some bits on my Nicolai, going to Arrow rims, CX Ray spokes and Hope hubs, this new thing called 9 speed, K9 bars and possibly going to my old Kowa 200si if the re-bush works properly.

I'm putting my Corsair back together as a spare, but I would gladly ride my HT over that POS any day/
Can you compare the Kowa to any other modern fork?

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Swwpped the white one and upped the parts to sram X0 2x10 and i9s

Lol then got to the trailhead and the 5:10s weren't in the bag so I rode in my American eagle free ride approved flip flops.
Lol doubles and drops were no biggie but I sure paid attention to foot position in the rocks and rocky berms.

Last edited:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Seriously. I've been tempted by them and test riding them is close to imposible.
That's because the old US dealer closed up shop from what I've heard, search for Kowa you should find posts by me bitching about them and other people not getting full travel.
You can't get full travel because of the sloppy bushing letting the stanchion smack the air spring outer, the forks pretty much grind themselves apart.

If the new bushes fit around the stanchions properly they could be an awesome fork, but I ordered some aftemarket bushes and resized them slightly so I'm really hoping they work. All the internals are alloy and look really well made but the mk1/Mk2 bushes are sloppy as hooker after a double shift.