Quantcast

Post your 2012 Rides!

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
That's what it should do, according some reviews.
Others have, well, let's say another opinion;)
Looking forward to hear some review. Since you have had a few different frames (I DO hope you will get your Undead) in a short time you should be able to compare them.
Like you said,you can get some smoking deals for these frames.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
looks good dude. Doesn't seem to be a lot of people on those DHRs, I keep wanting to hear from somebody unaffiliated how they ride. Certainly a clean looking bike.

amishmatt

Turbo Monkey
Sep 21, 2005
Lancaster, PA
My 2010 Voltage FR10 with some updates for 2012:

DSC_0398.JPG

DSC_0394.JPG

New parts:
Lyric Solo Air R2CDH
CC Angleset
DSP Dueler
Custom shock mount for 1/4" more forward offset
XT brakes
Deity Blacklabel bars
Straitline stem
New wheels are the same as the old wheels.

Muerto

Chimp
Oct 30, 2009
Sweden
My "do it all"-bike this season. Fast on the xc-stuff, fast on the dh-stuff, agile on the technical trail stuff. Perfect except for being a bit unforgiving when I mess up.

464864_10151445864260074_889505073_23940001_8279387_o.jpg

Mongoose Nugget with Marzocchi Roco LO
Marzocchi 44 RC3Ti
Mavic Crossmax ST
Gravitylight cranks with Gamut (I think) Ti chainring.
Gamut cainguide
Nukeproof Warhead cockpit.
Nukeproof seat
Thomson seatpost
SRAM X0 10 speed
Avid Elixir CR
Om nom nom.

Muerto

Chimp
Oct 30, 2009
Sweden
Sick bike, but that seatpost set up would have me (deeply) concerned.
Haha, yeah, I'm going to have to look into that... It's a long seatpost, but looking at the picture I'm starting to doubt it's that long. Might have to get used to sitting a bit lower even for the xc stuff.

But, as long as the post goes below the top tube everything should be alright. I'm a skinny guy.

Muerto

Chimp
Oct 30, 2009
Sweden
Norbar: No. Sadly not that I'm aware of. And now I can't even find the complete bike on the Mongoose website either. :confused:

Maybe Dorel didn't want it to compete with simliar offerings from GT... I dunno.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Norbar: No. Sadly not that I'm aware of. And now I can't even find the complete bike on the Mongoose website either. :confused:

Maybe Dorel didn't want it to compete with simliar offerings from GT... I dunno.
Distortion would also be nice though im in no hurry to spend my money when the prices are at their highest.

amishmatt

Turbo Monkey
Sep 21, 2005
Lancaster, PA
did you have those when we rode? did you make them yourself?
Yeah, I've been running it for the last couple of months. I didn't make it myself, and it's not CNC'd, but it is properly aligned. My cousin made it for me in his dad's garage, which is basically a metal fab shop. I thought about having another made that's finished a little better, but I don't really care that much. It does what I want it to do.

DSC_0395.JPG

Percy

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Christchurch NZ
Not a DH bike, but its as close as I have in a ride-able condition right now, stupid mortgage!:D
It is fun on the downs though, and it goes up better then I can.:think:

Tomasis

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Scotland
lots of nice bikes here

there is my same ****. didnt touch this over a year. Hopefully it will be many rides. Two things I want to upgrade is new front and rear suspensions, I can wait with it :)

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
lots of nice bikes here

there is my same ****. didnt touch this over a year. Hopefully it will be many rides. Two things I want to upgrade is new front and rear suspensions, I can wait with it :)

what are you planning to get to replace the vivid? I could never get a handle on my sunday, and I blame the DHX...I'm on a different frame with an avy this year and so far it's really quite a benefit.

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
that's such a nice looking bike. I'm no longer a big fan of yetis but that paint job/color scheme works perfect. I bet it's a super fun bike to ride set up like that too.
Thanks! I was stoked about getting the turquoise version because that used to be reserved only for the USA-made frames and I figured I'd never be able to afford one of those.

I can't wait to take it out in its reinvented incarnation. I was happy with it vefore but it was a bit of a plow at 45 lbs. Now it's a more reasonable 41.5.

Tomasis

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Scotland
what are you planning to get to replace the vivid? I could never get a handle on my sunday, and I blame the DHX...I'm on a different frame with an avy this year and so far it's really quite a benefit.
yeah, DHX is not enough progressive for the kind of frame.

I heard good things about Fox Rc4 (2011) in combination with Sunday. I dont know how good 2012 one is, hopefully I get 2011 one cheaply later :) While Vivid is pretty good actually, I dont complain about it. I rather upgrade the fork (with upgrade I mean change "chassi" since Avy cartridge is inside)

Yep, Avy stuffs are great! :)

Last edited:

RayB

Monkey
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle

Going 2+ years strong. Just installed some new bits and -1* Angleset.
Did a mild trail ride already and it feels wicked. Shuttle days once the weather starts clearing up.

Need: carbon bar, dropper post, Ti spring.

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
Would you care to comment about durability of this carbon frame? Heard the HD was a pretty stout ride. What type of riding do you do with it? And last question, is this a medium or large frame? Beautiful ride btw.

Going 2+ years strong. Just installed some new bits and -1* Angleset.
Did a mild trail ride already and it feels wicked. Shuttle days once the weather starts clearing up.

Need: carbon bar, dropper post, Ti spring.

Last edited:

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
New one done it's first ride this weekend
Hey supercow what do you think of the CCDB compared to the BOS?
I've had both in the same bike too but it's always fun to hear comparisons!

Sweet steed by the way.

RayB

Monkey
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
Would you care to comment about durability of this carbon frame? Heard the HD was a pretty stout ride. What type of riding do you do with it? And last question, is this a medium or large frame? Beautiful ride btw.
Yeah, it's durable as hell. I've had mine for about 2.5 years. It's got about 15 days of Whistler through it. Including everything-else, all together, I'd say about a million plus vertical feet of descending so far to date. Countless crashes, cases, epic fails, etc. That's not a close-up shot of my bike -- the finish is definitely pretty worn (clear coat missing, paint chips from rocks, etc.), but no cracks. This is my only bike and should the zombie apocalypse happen, I'd trust my life with it lol.

I just did a major tune-up on it this past weekend. Replaced the lower link with a new one. New Chris King BB. New Angleset. New chain guide. New fork oil. New drivetrain (original was SLX and it was still rideable!! :O). New Code brakes. New tires.

Frame size is Large. I ride mostly trail/downhill. It might not seem like it, but even in the mini-DH/heavy-wheel&tire bike setup I have it in right now, it still hauls ass UP the hill -- pretty stoked on that.

Last edited: