Quantcast

Please Let There Be Pimp Dirt Jumps In Washington (the state)............

i'm looking for some really nice dirtjumps in the washington area, we are going up to whistler and will be passing thru washington on august 2nd and 3rd. looking for a place/s to spend a few hours at. if there is more than one place, lets go there too........

sooooo........ who knows where the good jumps are and wants to go ride??????

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
When you find them, let me know. I've lived here for 6 years and there isn't anything great if you're on a MTB. Post in the PNW forum and you should be able to get somebody to take you to some spots. Some are better for short bikes and some are more fun on big bikes. Softies in Seatac is right on the way and has some huge stuff that is doable on a big bike but you have to bring your skills.

i am not looking for someone to disclose their location over the internet. i am hoping to find a few peeps who can say, "hey, i know where some really dope stuff is, here is my number, give me a call when you get up here and we'll go hit 'em up."

we will be coming up I-5 but don't want to limit ourselves to any specific location. i dont want to have all our plans in seattle, so when we get there it's all raining and we can't bust the jumps. and then come to find out there was some cool stuff in olympia or somewhere that we could have rode instead. so, if we are driving all the way up there, what is driving an extra 3 or so hours to ride.....

oh yeah, we can jump well also. as far as we are concerned, there are no such things as jumps for little bikes and jumps for big bikes, there are only jumps......

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Well if you think you can handle it, woodland park has the big ones but I have never heard of ANYONE hitting them on a DH bike. 26" hardtail if your good. I'd be happy to show you softies but I suck. I can hit the warmup line and that's about it. Everything else I know about got plowed. :(

DrewS

Monkey
Oct 15, 2001
Bellingham, WA
if you're looking for some techy long lines...check out the Grato DJ's in Portland, Oregon. They are near a large catholic church called the grato. Im sure you could find directions to the grato and its basically down the street at the end of a culdesac which is right next to the highway.

they aren't well hidden so i doubt the builders expect them to stay secret

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
WestCoastHucker said:
as far as we are concerned, there are no such things as jumps for little bikes and jumps for big bikes, there are only jumps......

word.

I don't really jump anymore so I can't help you but I like your attitude.

the jumps at woodland park (more commonly called Greenlake) are great and I think you would dig them. lots of people can't jump them simply because they are not like most jumps.
I think it's about a six pack with one or two jumps after that depending on what line you take. the jumps are just under six feet tall and some of the lips are damm steep as with the landings. and it only gets better when it rains. when it's dry for a long time it gets dusty and starts to fall apart.

this is the only good pic I have of the place.... nice and tight but you can go huge (upwards)

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
buildyourown said:
Jumps in Monroe? You show me now!.....Pretty please :heart:
BIG BIG BIG............. can be done on BMX, 26' hardtail and DH bikes. Nice little warm up line........but the main line is big. Haven't been there in awhile and last I heard there were/was a tree/s down, but that was last month I heard that. Call Bikeworks of Lake Stevens (425) 334-7812, talk to Scott and see if he can get you intouch with Levi. Levi and a couple of peeps he knows get BIG AIR on nearly any rig they take there. South Seatac is also very good. The Softies require some serious skills and the correct bike/rider combo. Plus South Seatac has allot of fun stuff for all bikes, drops tables, gaps, berms, big and small connected by nice flowing lines that make you think ahead and flow very well in places. Go post in the Pacific Northwest forum. :thumb: :evil:

Zoso

Monkey
Jan 31, 2003
Seattle
On any map of the Seattle area, there is a place called Phillip Arnold Park in Renton. Its just off the 405, which is not too far from I-5. There are some big jumps directly south of the the main trail, the Tapeworm. Look for the power lines. Finding a few monkeys to go jump with is usually pretty easy.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
DrewS said:
if you're looking for some techy long lines...check out the Grato DJ's in Portland, Oregon. They are near a large catholic church called the grato. Im sure you could find directions to the grato and its basically down the street at the end of a culdesac which is right next to the highway.

they aren't well hidden so i doubt the builders expect them to stay secret
The Grotto dirt jumps 92nd and NE Skidmore Portland, OR. Near NE 82nd and Sandy. These are much easier on a bmx, very tight, long sets of doubles.

Check out www.stump503.com go to riders, click scene. Here's the good stuff for mountainbikes in Portland.