Quantcast

Plattekill Bike Park Opens This Weekend - April 14-15. Earliest and Longest Season!

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast

Plattekill Bike Park located in Roxbury, NY is proud to announce the 2012 Plattekill downhill riding season. Plattekill has been hosting downhill mountain bike riding and racing for over sixteen years. That will continue full force in 2012. The bike park will open for riding April 14-15 weekend, the earliest in the East and the earliest ever at Plattekill. Plattekill Bike Park extended the 2011 Riding season into December in 2011 making for the Longest lift assisted mountain biking season in North America.

The first race of the season will be the Third Annual Gravity Open on Memorial day Weekend, May 23-27, 2012. The Gravity Open will be part of the prestigious USA Cycling National Pro GRT and the POC Eastern States Cup Series’. The race takes place Memorial Day weekend and will feature many national and international stars. Previous winners have included UCI World Champions. Plattekill Bike Park will host four POC Eastern States Cup Series races, the finals of the USAC NYS State Championships and the USAC Eastern Regional Championships.

Due to the early start of the riding season and a late March snowstorm the bike park will spread 5-work weekend during the season. The goal this summer is a groomed trail fro top to bottom. Stay tuned for more information.

The trails at Plattekill are endless and offer something for riders of all abilities. The fall line trail sections are steep. The natural terrain offers loose shale with large rock drops. Plattekill Bike Park uses two lifts accessing two distinct peak areas. Lift attendants place your bikes on the chair for the ride up. The base lodge offers a cafeteria, bike shop and restrooms. On the deck great burgers and refreshments will be available.

Regular Season Opening April 14-15 Weekend
2012 Ride Fees:
All Day Lift $35
Two Day Same Weekend Lift $55
After 2pm Lift $25
One Time Lift with Bike $10
Trail Access (no lift) $15
Skyride $ 5
Season Pass $329
SEASON PASS SPECIAL UNTIL MAY 1, 2012……$279
Plattekill Mountain is the longest operating bike park in the Northeast with
over 60 miles of bike-specific lift accessed trails operating two lifts to
two mountain peaks.

Roxbury, NY (607) 326-3500

www.plattekill.com
http://www.usacycling.org/progrt
www.easternstatescup.com

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Thanks for keeping the two day pass alive. Not enough people do a back-to-back pass special, and it makes me that more keen on camping and riding for two days. Plattekill is too far for a seasons pass for me, but too good not to go at least a couple of times a year, outside of race weekends. Buying ~6 weekend passes is spot on.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Thanks for keeping the two day pass alive. Not enough people do a back-to-back pass special, and it makes me that more keen on camping and riding for two days. Plattekill is too far for a seasons pass for me, but too good not to go at least a couple of times a year, outside of race weekends. Buying ~6 weekend passes is spot on.
also, the after 2pm discount is a great idea

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
also, the after 2pm discount is a great idea
Since it looks like (if I make it up this weekend) I might be getting up on Sat afternoon, this is welcome news!

I like the early start, but I'll take a real snow season this year over an extra month of bikes.. just sayin..

(Put down the torches!)

kidwithbike

Monkey
Apr 16, 2007
Hoboken, NJ
right now it looks unlikely i'll get up before june :(
You may want to consult a doctor to deal with your Erectile Dysfunction.

See you all there all weekend on my fancy new Pivot Phoenix!
cant wait to hit the berms and jumps we built a few weeks back!

Additionally I freaking love that ^^^pic of Chris Patton^^^ dude is a maniac, sleeps on beds of gravel, and always rips tires off rims, not a bad shot with an air rifle either.

Blackdog

Chimp
Jul 28, 2011
Albany
Car is packed. Picking up my season pass tomorrow! With the early start I could have it pay for itself by June. :thumb:

Last edited:

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
Since it looks like (if I make it up this weekend) I might be getting up on Sat afternoon, this is welcome news!

I like the early start, but I'll take a real snow season this year over an extra month of bikes.. just sayin..

(Put down the torches!)
torches' lit!!!!! You had yer 2 or 3 snow years....this was not one of them! Time too ride!!!!!

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
holy crap what a great day, trails were mint, turnout was great. T shirt weather and sunburn in April !! Possibly the driest and loosest I have ever ridden there.