Pinnacle bike racing ZOMG totally different and betterer

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
^^
That what you get from Pinkbike staff "writers"

To wit -

"Here they go from their highest speeds to their lowest speeds under heavy breaking to see who can leave it on the longest"

"Riders will launch through to The Chute into Sector 4 and careen off a 40’ natural drop driven by a wood ledge"

"Here the course gets back up to speed fast with steep drop-ins and rough corners leading up the grand daddy, a 70’ ramp to ramp gap jump for all the glory."

"All gap jumps utilize wood ramp individual take-offs with space in between."

"Riders have to choose a line and if they chicken out or have a mechanical they can bail at the last minute and go in between, while sacrificing time. "

"he inaugural Pinnacle Bike Championship course at Waterville Valley Resort is built on the face of Mt. Tecumseh, a 4,000 foot peak in the White Mountain National Forrest." and "Located in the heart of the White Mountain National Forest"

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
^^
That what you get from Pinkbike staff "writers"

To wit -

"Here they go from their highest speeds to their lowest speeds under heavy breaking to see who can leave it on the longest"

"Riders will launch through to The Chute into Sector 4 and careen off a 40’ natural drop driven by a wood ledge"

"Here the course gets back up to speed fast with steep drop-ins and rough corners leading up the grand daddy, a 70’ ramp to ramp gap jump for all the glory."

"All gap jumps utilize wood ramp individual take-offs with space in between."

"Riders have to choose a line and if they chicken out or have a mechanical they can bail at the last minute and go in between, while sacrificing time. "

"he inaugural Pinnacle Bike Championship course at Waterville Valley Resort is built on the face of Mt. Tecumseh, a 4,000 foot peak in the White Mountain National Forrest." and "Located in the heart of the White Mountain National Forest"
i think this was probably a press release from the promoter. modern day pinkbike writers actually have their sh*t better than to put out this kind of trash.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
i think this was probably a press release from the promoter. modern day pinkbike writers actually have their sh*t better than to put out this kind of trash.
I agree, which is why I was surprised to see the article credited to "Pinkbike staff". But my guess is they just posted whatever unedited tripe the 15 year old ski shop employee sent them.

And I also agree with your last post, which is why J-Rock needs to be a commentator at events like this.

Last edited:

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
^^

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
There's no way people are buying tickets to watch this. Right? I mean, Christ. Look at the prices-
Event Pass Prices
VIP Finish Line Zone$175
VIP Grandstand 2 Day$70
2 Day Adult$35
2 Day Child (6-11) $20
Saturday Only Adult $25
Saturday Only Child (6-11)$15
Children (5-under)Free
Or you can get the Pinnacle Course Suite for up to 20 people for the weekend for the low low price of $2500!!! What the fcuk....

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
I keep thinking about someone having to brake check on that because of the promised bar-to-bar racing action, and then coming up way short and Brycelanding the shit out of themsleves.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
There's no way people are buying tickets to watch this. Right? I mean, Christ. Look at the prices-
Event Pass Prices
VIP Finish Line Zone$175
VIP Grandstand 2 Day$70
2 Day Adult$35
2 Day Child (6-11) $20
Saturday Only Adult $25
Saturday Only Child (6-11)$15
Children (5-under)Free
Or you can get the Pinnacle Course Suite for up to 20 people for the weekend for the low low price of $2500!!! What the fcuk....
it's like fvcking disneyland. are they gonna have pay toilets too?

hell, you can't even get people to the windham world cup, and the only thing you gotta pay is $10 for parking.

EVIL JN

Monkey
Jul 24, 2009
Imho the course look like it can make for some good racing in the sense of cool passes and tight times. But I agree that its looking pretty boring for anything but hopefully head to head racing.

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
Imho the course look like it can make for some good racing in the sense of cool passes and tight times. But I agree that its looking pretty boring for anything but hopefully head to head racing.
I also wonder if anyone is going to actually hit the jumps during the race.. it's not like they're doubles and you'll be losing speed if you don't hit them..