Quantcast

Orange 324

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009
Expensive, heavy, noisy, ugly, no suspension when braking... ahh yes, British indeed.

"But it needs so little maintenance" - so, changing less bearings when you service the bike... greatest ever reason to suffer the above :p

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Hideous for sure, but is the braking performance that bad? The pivot has crept down significantly over the years and is now pretty much in line with the chain.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Expensive, heavy, noisy, ugly, no suspension when braking... ahh yes, British indeed.

"But it needs so little maintenance" - so, changing less bearings when you service the bike... greatest ever reason to suffer the above :p
it looks like the frame should have similar braking performance to an iron horse sunday. Does that mean the sunday, with all it's gadgets and doodahs and gizmos, was a piece of shit? They aren't exactly the same, but the braking kinematics are not too dissimilar.

expensive for what it is, sure. heavy, really? i love the straight tube asthetic, and I think there's something incredibly promising about the "occam's razor" suspension design theory. You get a decent rising, linear shock rate, braking that should keep your geometry relatively neutral heading into fast corners, and pedaling that's responsive without being overly noticeable. Paying $1000 more for it compared to other frames is extremely daft, but the design has merit.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Hideous for sure, but is the braking performance that bad? The pivot has crept down significantly over the years and is now pretty much in line with the chain.
the pivot on this Orange is in (at a quick glance) an almost identical spot as my xprezo, and that bike rides pretty damn good.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
What's the difference between this and the current orange dh rig that was to be discontinued but wasn't? The pivot is a bit higher?

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
The RUX is so good that X-Spewsion is trying to pass their junk off as one. Nice try.

peecee

Monkey
Apr 27, 2012
Australia
For something so crap this thread is getting a few hits.

If i win the lotto on tuesday, Im starting my own team and it will consist of Rat Boy, Sam Hill, Steve Peat and Manon Carpenter riding this bike with Boxxers/Vivid, Rental Bars, Hope Brakes, Hope Cranks, Deemax wheels and Michelin Comp 16's.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
For something so crap this thread is getting a few hits.

If i win the lotto on tuesday, Im starting my own team and it will consist of Rat Boy, Sam Hill, Steve Peat and Manon Carpenter riding this bike with Boxxers/Vivid, Rental Bars, Hope Brakes, Hope Cranks, Deemax wheels and Michelin Comp 16's.
Have you seen what gets "hits" around here?:rofl:

Kidding aside, I'd ride it! Glad to see they're still making DH bikes, too.