Quantcast

Ohlins fork - for realz

tomasis7

stroganoff
Nov 5, 2014
Electronic bong-shed LEGAL
Haha boys are pushing them too far. Too hot..

Seriously, Udi suggested a slight click of lube should be fine. I guess every time one buys fork, one has to check it beforehand so you won't get sore... Hands.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
saw it on vital only.

boost only.

650+ 29+ only.

they've been drinking specialized's kool-aid.

and i found this bit interesting:

Another unique feature of the RXF is its ‘unicrown’ set-up; a one piece crown, steering tube and stem with no bearing races
da fuq does that work?

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
I think they phrased that last part in the most idiotic way possible. They were most likely referring to the nonexistence of external bearing races, i.e. the bearing sits straight in the crown/steerer junction. The stem part seems equally idiotic, since the ones in the press photos are standard ones.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I think they phrased that last part in the most idiotic way possible. They were most likely referring to the nonexistence of external bearing races, i.e. the bearing sits straight in the crown/steerer junction. The stem part seems equally idiotic, since the ones in the press photos are standard ones.
i wasn't questioning the race bearings, its obvious from photos that those are integrated.

it's the one piece crown/steerer/stem that made me HURR DURR. that's either a typo/misprint, or shit is about to get super proprietary! n+1 standards!

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
i wasn't questioning the race bearings, its obvious from photos that those are integrated.

it's the one piece crown/steerer/stem that made me HURR DURR. that's either a typo/misprint, or shit is about to get super proprietary! n+1 standards!
Well, from the photos it's clear they didn't steal MY IDEA of a hexagonal steerer/headset top assembly/stem combo...

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
yeah i don't even have a 650B bike let alone a + or w/e. i guess I don't care to learn any more about the new standards.

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
yeah i don't even have a 650B bike let alone a + or w/e. i guess I don't care to learn any more about the new standards.
Same here, only tiny wheels. But I was curious and am some times a bit of a junior high level maths nerd.