Quantcast

Ohlins fork - for realz

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Reminds me of the fork on the RN-01. Can't wait to hear some more specifics on it - keen to see what a different perspective brings to the market.

ritche

Monkey
Dec 3, 2011
for Honda it's showa.

for yamaha dh bike, it's ohlins, but Everyone knows it's really a Rotec!

10380771_10152823553268906_2087768019826314361_n.jpg

Last edited:

Mlody

Monkey
Feb 25, 2006
London - UK
Reminds me of the fork on the RN-01.
IIRC some of those had carbon fiber uppers...
Ohhh, I'd really love to see CF on DH forks again!

I wonder if it's just R&D and we'll never see a production version (like the inverted FOX). Would be nice to have some other USD options than Dorado and DVO.

Last edited:

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
It's going to become available and Monkeys who can afford it are going to say it's the best fork ever made and those who can't afford it are going to say it's the biggest waste of money and didn't live up to expectations.

Status Quo.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It's going to become available and Monkeys who can afford it are going to say it's the best fork ever made and those who can't afford it are going to say it's the biggest waste of money and didn't live up to expectations.

Status Quo.
just like Di2 XTR

yd35

Monkey
Oct 28, 2008
NY
Now if they offered this in grip shift, I'd be all over it.

Edit: Oops, wrong thread.

Last edited:

Samoto

Dec 16, 2013
Will it be another new Enduroed version with short cage?

Last edited:

blindboxx2334

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2013
Wets Coast
$5 says its gonna have a proprietary steerer tube size for specialized.
i cannot get this thing out of my head, this thread reminds me of this bike.. i actually saw one not too long ago, theyre weird (sorry, probably not cool, and i know no one cares. i dont get out much.)

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
There reaches a point when the bikes are good enough. ie the cost increase does not match the performance increase. Oneup Components FTW
That's a personal decision based in part on ability/desire to pay. Bikes will continue to evolve and some people will continue to pay what other people think are ridiculous amounts for marginal/limited gains.

Oneup is actually a good example. Great option for those on a limited budget, but not flawless. Most will agree that XX-1 or X0-1 are better systems if cost is not a factor. But whether it's worth it is up to you.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Also technology normally tickle down so stuff at cheaper price points get better too. I high quality player in the industry should be a good thing.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/

Status Quo.
So the first reviews will be great but then people will realize the lubrication the fork is supplied with is only enough for the forums can we slam the product or simply buy more lube?