Quantcast

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
I get the need for a low gear. But how many people that need the super low gear also need a really high gear? I'm running a 28t on my big bike and a 30t on the trail bike, paired with a 11-42 in back and can clear all the climbs that ever had me drop to 22/34 on my dual ring bikes, but unless I'm doing flat road riding I've never needed a higher gear.

allen

Chimp
Mar 25, 2012
NJ
I get the need for a low gear. But how many people that need the super low gear also need a really high gear? I'm running a 28t on my big bike and a 30t on the trail bike, paired with a 11-42 in back and can clear all the climbs that ever had me drop to 22/34 on my dual ring bikes, but unless I'm doing flat road riding I've never needed a higher gear.
Yeah I feel the same 28 in the front and 10sp with a 36 in the rear on my trail bike. I hardly ever use the 11.

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
Just someone who consistently pedals out of a 28 front 10t rear on my trail bike.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Jesus.

I thought a 32/10 was bad. And I'm usually the guy making a case for lower gearing because of the shit dirt where I live and my history with knee surgeries.

But mostly who cares.... This whole thread is in response to a dumb article pulled out of an ass based on assumptions.

And worrying about smooth transition shifting is for roadies who panic and look for their team truck when their chain falls off.

rollertoaster

Monkey
Aug 7, 2007
Douglassville , PA
The longest climbs we have here are around 30 minutes. Still though I never feel like I'm dieing when I get to the top. I kinda feel like I could go on like that indefinitely (within reason), I certainly could be wrong though