Quantcast

Next ten entries to the Teva contest get free money

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
You guys suck at this. 18 entries? That's the best you can do?

There's no way in hell none of you have a broken part photo, a worn out tire, or a beat up old bike to submit a photo of.

We're trying to drum up interest, guys. Keep in mind, if we get good responses to the contest, manufacturers keep giving things away. No response, means they stop giving things away.

So let's try bribes. Next ten entries to this contest get $10 via Paypal. Free money. Must have a Paypal account to claim the prize.

https://www.facebook.com/bikemag?sk=app_226105637428999&app_data=Proof-of-Life-Photo-Contest-from-Teva

Submit your photo there, then PM me your Paypal address.

Lastly... for those not posting, why not? Because it's run through Facebook? Because the prize doesn't interest you? What's up?

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
the contest says to upload a pic of the most worn bike but the pic in the ad shows everything but. i have a ton of worn parts but no worn bikes

also if i use this FB app, do i need to upgrade to Timeline?

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Nobody here rides, we just quietly polish our carbon revolts in between posts.

No but seriously, if my bike is toast I get rid of it or fix it.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Yeah I tried there tough guy.

There's this little sign up thing.........and then.................... No clear way to upload photos.

Just PRETEND, I'm a total retard. Step by step, how would a theoretical retard like me, get a photo up on their poorly laid out, bullshlt facebook page?

Last edited:

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
also, Facebook? what the hell.

isn't the whole point of frequenting forums such as this so you don't have to get a facebook page?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Anyone who is having trouble, check your popup blocker. Facebook sends a popup asking to have permission to enter you.

If people are getting errors... not sure. Others are entering successfully, so I'm inclined to blame the local browser. What error are you getting?

Kidwoo: When you visit the page, do you see the Enter link? It should first ask permission to use the "Contests" application (that's the popup). After you grant it permission, you should see a pretty standard upload form with a title/description/button to browse for files. What do you see if you click the Enter link?

Also, yes, we're going to try to push all contests though RM in the future.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Anyone who is having trouble, check your popup blocker. Facebook sends a popup asking to have permission to enter you.

If people are getting errors... not sure. Others are entering successfully, so I'm inclined to blame the local browser. What error are you getting?

Kidwoo: When you visit the page, do you see the Enter link? It should first ask permission to use the "Contests" application (that's the popup). After you grant it permission, you should see a pretty standard upload form with a title/description/button to browse for files. What do you see if you click the Enter link?

Just goes back to the initial 'front' page. If I try to enter, it just tells me I'm already signed up. And then even with ad block setting off, there's still no popup.

Last edited:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I f'ing hate this Facebook crap, because there's nothing I can look at to identify the source of the problem. No logs, no test accounts so I can duplicate the problem...

I'll poke around at lunch and see if I can identify what's going on.

Mqloya

Chimp
Jul 10, 2012
South Texas
So other than seeing that i am the first weeks winner on bikemag.com i have yet to be notified from teva or whoever is running this contest. Im guessing because the contest isn't over but does anyone know?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I "won" some tires from Hutchinson on Facebook and they never sent them out. They ignored one PM and one wall post, then finally responded to one more PM. I never heard from them again. Pretty ****ty way to run a giveaway if you ask me.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I "won" some tires from Hutchinson on Facebook and they never sent them out. They ignored one PM and one wall post, then finally responded to one more PM. I never heard from them again. Pretty ****ty way to run a giveaway if you ask me.
Not sure how that correlates to this giveaway.

I mean, I bought a camera once that didn't ship with a battery or a charger like it was supposed to, but it doesn't mean all camera shops are bad.

Still got a few $10 slots left... just gotta PM me and upload a photo!