Quantcast

New V-10 Spec/Info up at Santa Cruz!!!

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
To clear things up - geometry on the webpage looks right except for the small TT size - misprint. The PDF version has the geometry of the old V10 on it with the photo of/info on the new one...

KPicha

Velma
Aug 3, 2002
Northern, VA
Weird, I was just comparing the V-10 geom. vs. the VPP free and the VPP free has a higher standover! I would have thought it would be the other way around.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
KPicha said:
Weird, I was just comparing the V-10 geom. vs. the VPP free and the VPP free has a higher standover! I would have thought it would be the other way around.
the vp free is indeed a tall bike. :(

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Jestere said:
I would guess the reason that it says V-11 is because the pages for the old v-10 are still up, so they couldn't call it that, and perhaps it was called the V-11 internally to tell the difference between the two.
i was thinking the same thing

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
Shmoe said:
Seems as if the new V10 is pretty much all race oriented. In that case, im kind of glad I have a 04.
actually, the new bike is slightly shorter & steeper (my wish list for the old design) - making it a *potentially* more versatile ride. tyler k. was saying its a better freeride chassis than the old design ie, a better jumper ("popier" / less dead feeling), more nimble/tossable, etc. sounds pretty cool.

scofflaw23

Monkey
Mar 13, 2002
Raleigh
The new V-10 (aka V-10 Mono, right?) is approximately 1.5pounds lighter than the old V-10, putting it somewhere between 10 and 11 pounds, if I'm not mistaken. Plus the suspension got a serious redesign, pinch bolts on all of the pivots, no more topout bolt to break, and more.

BJ-

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
Australia
the thing that caught my attention with the V11 or 10 was the rear fender it had on it (anyone know if its extra or comes stock with the frame...as well as the rear hub etc)...put a 888r on it with its fender on it and the dam thing would look pimpin as...

the pinky red colout sure ain a hit with me...(even tho its my backdrop... :D )

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
scofflaw23 said:
The new V-10 (aka V-10 Mono, right?) is approximately 1.5pounds lighter than the old V-10, putting it somewhere between 10 and 11 pounds, if I'm not mistaken. Plus the suspension got a serious redesign, pinch bolts on all of the pivots, no more topout bolt to break, and more.
Correct, the frame is at least 1.5 lbs lighter. I will weight the first one we get and post it. But the word from my sources is that it is a little more than 1.5 lbs lighter.

Also, the shock is mounted significantly lower. This improves the center of gravity.

The suspension is set up to about 3" of sag instead of 4" on the 2004 V10. This is supposed to make it more "lively". I can't comment on that since I have only taken one for a parking lot ride.

grimm

Monkey
Jan 12, 2002
Sweden
i never really liked the v10, and i dont know the first thing about them, but at least the new version is prettier