Quantcast

New to me Boxxer World Cup, psi question

DH Dad

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
MA
Should have a lightly used 2013 World Cup in my hands by this time next week. Googled air pressure chart for World Cup and the first two hits I got contradict each other? One says for my weight (165) I should be at 55-70psi and the other 70-85psi? Did this change over the years from 2010 to current? The higher one looks to be from a 2010 World Cup review.

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/5784425/

I know I could wait til it arrives and see what the chart on the leg shows but I want to get an Avy cartridge ordered now and one of the questions for ordering is what PSI I run.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Don't most all rock shox have the recommended air pressure right there on the fork lowers?

Many I've seen also have the "sag - o - meter" marks right there on the stanchion, get it close, ride it, get it right.

DH Dad

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
MA
Don't most all rock shox have the recommended air pressure right there on the fork lowers?

Many I've seen also have the "sag - o - meter" marks right there on the stanchion, get it close, ride it, get it right.
Guess you didn't read my entire post. I don't have the fork yet and need to have some idea before I get it so I can place an order for the Avy Cartridge now.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
I skimmed over that, I thought it was your signature. Yes, I can see that being a problem.

I tried earlier to search by year but mainly kept coming up with the same info, I didn't really look on rock shox website to see if there was any information.

I did seem to consistently get the info that stated the higher psi range.

If I recall a buddy of mine who is in the 155-165 range is running about 80-85psi in his 2015 boxxer, could it be possible you were looking at a 2015 chart? I don't recall how many bottomless tokens he is running, regardless none of this is helpful to you.

Last edited: