Quantcast

New DH bike opinions

tabletop84

Monkey
Nov 12, 2011
I saw a husband and wife both on Tuesdays at windham a couple weeks ago...bikes looked sweet in person
just give it some time. Over here in yrop in bikeparks it looks like driect sellers almost have 50% of market share. Pretty much every second guy rides a yt, canyon, radon or propain...

Carraig042

me 1st
Apr 5, 2011
East Tennessee
One of my buddies is up in Whistler and he said he is seeing quite a few if the yt bikes there.
Mine has shipped, the fox suspension has been ordered, time can't go fast enough.

-Brett

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Did you sell the BOS stuff already?
Because I need detail shots of the new shock, which isn't officially released yet.
I'd like also to hear some comparsion between FOX and BOS...

Carraig042

me 1st
Apr 5, 2011
East Tennessee
I am having the shop sell my fork for me, and I just have the bos shock sitting there til my bushings come into the shop.

What kind of photos do you need?

-Brett

Carraig042

me 1st
Apr 5, 2011
East Tennessee
First real test on her. It was very muddy/slippery at Windrock, so I did not do a very much with the suspension. I did get the cockpit pretty much set-up and a few other small things as well. Planning on SnowShoe this weekend to really get her dialed.

-Brett

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Didn't want to start a new thread for just a spy shot of Canyon's new DH bike, and resurrecting this thread would also be a good opportunity for @Carraig042 to tell us more about his experience with the Tues.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
just give it some time. Over here in yrop in bikeparks it looks like driect sellers almost have 50% of market share. Pretty much every second guy rides a yt, canyon, radon or propain...
You must be in different yurp than me. Mainland Gurmany? Morzine, Serfaus, Maribor seem less dominated by direct sellers.

tabletop84

Monkey
Nov 12, 2011
You must be in different yurp than me. Mainland Gurmany? Morzine, Serfaus, Maribor seem less dominated by direct sellers.
Have been to all that places except Maribor in the last years and I said "it looks like" which doesn't really translate into "50% market share" more like percieved. But in the last years if you went to a bikepark and somebody had the latest great deal direct seller rig everybody was over it and mouth to mouth propaganda worked its way. Plus in the last few years I really did see an increase. I mean if you go to a european mtb forum where somebody asks which new bike he or she should buy there is mostly chatter about the direct seller offerings (which are way more than just yt or canyon over here there are also propain, radon, alutech, last...

I think in a few years it will become the dominating sales model at least in germany.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Have been to all that places except Maribor in the last years and I said "it looks like" which doesn't really translate into "50% market share" more like percieved. But in the last years if you went to a bikepark and somebody had the latest great deal direct seller rig everybody was over it and mouth to mouth propaganda worked its way. Plus in the last few years I really did see an increase. I mean if you go to a european mtb forum where somebody asks which new bike he or she should buy there is mostly chatter about the direct seller offerings (which are way more than just yt or canyon over here there are also propain, radon, alutech, last...

I think in a few years it will become the dominating sales model at least in germany.
I agree i see more of them. That is true. Just not as huge in numbers since they are still perceived as a value option, not quality option. Mostly because they lack WC teams.

As for other direct sell options. I only saw them in german bikeparks. Outside of it there is none since those companies appear to not care at all about markets outside Germany. Don't know why.

tabletop84

Monkey
Nov 12, 2011
That is true. Just not as huge in numbers since they are still perceived as a value option, not quality option. Mostly because they lack WC teams
Sorry but thats bs. The reason they are so sucessful is that they basically offer the same value for considerably less money. The reason some people might decide against them is brand image or excluiveness. But nowadays everybody knows that no yt or canyon frame will hold you back in any way.

As for other direct sell options. I only saw them in german bikeparks. Outside of it there is none since those companies appear to not care at all about markets outside Germany. Don't know why.
Yt is really popular in europe though...

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Sorry but thats bs. The reason they are so sucessful is that they basically offer the same value for considerably less money. The reason some people might decide against them is brand image or excluiveness. But nowadays everybody knows that no yt or canyon frame will hold you back in any way.

Yt is really popular in europe though...
Man read my post again because you have seriously misunderstood it.

1. What I'm saying is other smaller direct brands are NOT AS SUCESSFUL (not Canyon and YT). Having WC team is part of brand image and exclusiveness you mention so what is bs?
2. I'm not claiming a Canyon or an YT frame will hold you back (even though people complain about them)
3. I never claimed YT isn't popular in Yurp. I claimed companies not named Canyon and YT are not popular outside of germany. I hardly ever see Radons, Propains, Solids or Alutechs outside of german bikeparks. I also hardly see any press coverage of those brands outside of the german press and sites.