Quantcast

New addition to my stable (brrraaaap!)

vondur

Chimp
Jan 7, 2004
So CAl
does not mean that you will be moving to the 909 and sporting metal mulisha apparel!

Sgt Brown said:
There is a new addition to the Sgt Brown stable of bikes. This time it's an actual Honda!:) Sorry about the non Mt. Bike related post.........

Sgt Brown

Monkey
Feb 19, 2002
Trabuco Canyon, CA
partsbara said:
nice !!! if thats a 250 F PLEASE give us a briefing sgt...

enjoy :)

partsbara
Yes, it's the CRF250R. I'd give you a briefing, but I don't know jack about moto. This is my first bike and I've ridden it twice. Luckily I had a GSX-R when I was 19, so I know how to shift and brake the damn thing. Well at least when I don't panic and ride right over the burm, pulling the trottle wide open......:(

I've ridden it twice now and had my first fall yesterday. Got some nice scratches on it and dented the pipe a bit. It was bound to happen some time. The thing scares the crap out of me. I started to get the hang of it yesterday out at Elsinore. I've got a long way to go. It'll should help my Mt. Biking big time.......

Eigil

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
East County
I think moto is a lot more fun. I've seen quite a few guys like it more and just quit MTBing alltogether to ride and race moto. Shoot me a PM if you ever wanna ride on the non-race weekends.

(the quickest way to see it's a 125-class bike is the black backrounds)

Sgt Brown

Monkey
Feb 19, 2002
Trabuco Canyon, CA
Romic tech said:
Call me when you want to learn how to go fast on that.

Roger
You can teach me this Friday after work at Star West.....:) A bunch of us are headed out there around 3:00. We should get there and be riding about 4:30-5:00. Lessons are welcome. I need the help. I'm a total poser rookie at this point..... :(

Langer

Monkey
Mar 27, 2004
Hiding
I've ridden it twice now and had my first fall yesterday. Got some nice scratches on it and dented the pipe a bit. It was bound to happen some time. The thing scares the crap out of me. I started to get the hang of it yesterday out at Elsinore. I've got a long way to go. It'll should help my Mt. Biking big time.......[/QUOTE]

Hey you did better than I did when I first got my YZ 125 four years ago. My Drunk friends took me out to the sand dunes for my first ride and let me loose. I crashed about every 10 feet. It was horrible, but my friends were entertained and still laugh about it today. You will get used to the power then want more. Have fun.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
Sgt Brown said:
I've ridden it twice now and had my first fall yesterday. Got some nice scratches on it and dented the pipe a bit. It was bound to happen some time. The thing scares the crap out of me. I started to get the hang of it yesterday out at Elsinore. I've got a long way to go. It'll should help my Mt. Biking big time.......

i got a ttr125 to help with dh and it does just fine. well unless you are wantinf to race BEG 450? i would not do that! that would be death.

i would kill myself or get it dialed and never touch a dh bike again if i had a 250.

if it stays too much go smaller. you get work yourself with a 125 and not die!

Langer

Monkey
Mar 27, 2004
Hiding
Here is my 2001 CR250. I'm going trail riding on sunday.

NNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
What kind of rear tire is that? Hill climb or sand tire? I've got a Suzuki 250 quad, but dirt bikes are much more fun.

Langer

Monkey
Mar 27, 2004
Hiding
HRDTLBRO said:
What kind of rear tire is that? Hill climb or sand tire? I've got a Suzuki 250 quad, but dirt bikes are much more fun.
That is a Turbo 8 paddle. I use it when I go to the sand dunes in Oregon and Eastern Washington. The dunes offer the best riding. I also bought a seperate Excel black wheel that has my dirt tire on it.

Fury

Monkey
Oct 9, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Nice bike dude! My cousin in Encinitas has one of those and his buddy lets me ride his (another CR250F) when I'm out there. I'm flying out there in a few ours to visit and we should be doing some riding either this weekend or the coming week. I'm not very good since I only get to ride like 4 times a year (on borrowed bikes) but I was stoked the last time I rode and I cleared my first double :D

Fury

Monkey
Oct 9, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Sgt Brown said:
I started to get the hang of it yesterday out at Elsinore. I've got a long way to go. It'll should help my Mt. Biking big time.......
Side note: Elsinore is where I went when I was out in SoCal this past May. Might go again on this visit, I had a blast last time.

KPicha

Velma
Aug 3, 2002
Northern, VA
Dang, how come everyone that rides is wayyy over there on the left coast?! I'm seriously considering a CRF150 for my first bike but there's no one to ride with :(

Looks like you're going to have a blast on that!! :thumb:

Jou

Monkey
May 16, 2004
Powell/Laramie, Wyoming
So your first mx bike is a 250F...should be fun to learn on. I never could get used to my dad's 450F. 4strokes always screw me in the corners. Go ride it more and take pictures, i wanna see blood.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
KPicha said:
Dang, how come everyone that rides is wayyy over there on the left coast?! I'm seriously considering a CRF150 for my first bike but there's no one to ride with :(

Looks like you're going to have a blast on that!! :thumb:
Virginia? I think Lake Sugar Tree is over there. Ask Gary and David for some riding lessons. :thumb:

KPicha

Velma
Aug 3, 2002
Northern, VA
TWISTED said:
Virginia? I think Lake Sugar Tree is over there. Ask Gary and David for some riding lessons. :thumb:
Yeah, it looks like an awesome place but its 6 hrs away :eek: wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy down south. Its right on the border of North Carolina :( and I'm wayyyyyyy up north near D.C.