Quantcast

My pimpin V10 is done!

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
Ughhh, I think its ugly... ok, Im lying, I just wanted to be different. I could never get a custum painted dh, my bike has one weekend on it and its scratched to hell.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
dh girlie said:
You did NOT say that... :angry: she's a hot lookin cat with pretty markings, don't make me start posting her pic in the dh forum...
Oops, I did not mean to piss on your parade! :blah:
Ha, I have 3 cats, one of them is super obese and his belly drags on the ground, and one of his ears is folded over. My wife says he the most beautiful cat on earth.

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
kidwoo said:
I like the colors but what's the theme? All hardcore an flamey up front but spring fresh scented in the rear?
You just don't get it do you :p
I still think it should be black with green flames :p
looks cool girly

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
that looks sweet!
I for one am ALL for customizing your stuff like this. Of course, it WILL get beat up, but who cares? You can always redo it after the season, change schemes, make what is old new again! :thumb:

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
kidwoo said:
I like the colors but what's the theme? All hardcore an flamey up front but spring fresh scented in the rear?
If you knew me, you wouldn't have to ask...you see...despite the fact I have this tough downhiller image :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I'm still a girly girl...

BTW...thanks for the reference to Daves in Tahoe City for the snowboard boots...they dialed me in...I'll spend the extra cash on a board there next season just cuz their customer service rocked.

Acadian said:
question for you Rob...why are you using washers underneath the links on one side?
Hmm..you need to job my memory here (beer bottles work great!) in regards to the washers. I remember the links being held together by special bolts that I had to get from Santa Cruz which, if I remember correctly, didn't have washers. I had a problem with some of them coming loose and if there are washers anywhere, it was so that I could torque it down a bit more without binding or smashing the bearings.

dh girlie said:
oh...OH I see how it is...now that it's all pimped out you miss it...last summer you were trying to give it away!

I was wondering what you were gonna say about the new look it has...btw I LOVE the bike...thanks again.
But last summer I also had 3 DH bikes at the time with a 4th one on the way. I guess I've grown up now since I've only got 1 now with another on the way. Why does it feel like I'm talking aout kids rather than bikes here?

Anyway, what you'bve done with her looks very involved and labor intensive. The original blue had sparkles in it which I liked as well. Looks like you are still running most of the parts that were on it as well, inclusing my scartched to heck blue ODI lock ons as well. You should have kept the blue cable housing too!

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
kuma said:
But last summer I also had 3 DH bikes at the time with a 4th one on the way. I guess I've grown up now since I've only got 1 now with another on the way. Why does it feel like I'm talking aout kids rather than bikes here?

Anyway, what you'bve done with her looks very involved and labor intensive. The original blue had sparkles in it which I liked as well. Looks like you are still running most of the parts that were on it as well, inclusing my scartched to heck blue ODI lock ons as well. You should have kept the blue cable housing too!
Eh...not labor intensive at all...all I did was watch the guys in our warehouse here pack it up and then I drove it to the UPS place...when it arrived, my bitches took over and built it up... :D The only thing new was a rear wheel...otherwise, I kept everything...Brian rebuilt the fork and there was really no reason to replace anything else...I don't remember any blue cable housing, but it was sent directly to Brians, and I didn't see it till it was built up with whatever he did. The original blue was too guy-ish...this baby blue with flames and flowers suits me much better... :heart:

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
Looks really nice.. but i don't know, mabey you should paint the fork also bleu. To match the frame.

And to bad i did not had my camera with me, when a friend off mine, showed up last weekend, with his new 2004 V10 :drool: :drool: omg we where drooling. Gun metal grey, Manitou dorado mrd x-works, Mono ti-6, 5th, ti-coloured protaper, easton cully pedals.and e13 bashgaurd, chainguide. And so on. He had really pimped the bike out to the max :blah:

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
dh girlie said:
Eh...not labor intensive at all...all I did was watch the guys in our warehouse here pack it up and then I drove it to the UPS place...when it arrived, my bitches took over and built it up... :D The only thing new was a rear wheel...otherwise, I kept everything...Brian rebuilt the fork and there was really no reason to replace anything else...I don't remember any blue cable housing, but it was sent directly to Brians, and I didn't see it till it was built up with whatever he did. The original blue was too guy-ish...this baby blue with flames and flowers suits me much better... :heart:
Hey Rob, whats up? The blue housing was beat and needed to be replaced, and all I had was black.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
That looks so tight girlie, nice work!!! Good call on the colors, looks great with the fork and velvet sadle. Can't wait to see how well it holds up too. Bounce it off a good rock for me, ok?

Man, I love POWDER!!!

Carbon Fetish

Monkey
May 6, 2002
Irvine, CA
dh girlie said:
I got really lucky with that...SDG no longer does custom saddles...I was hoping for something just like that with the crushed blue velvet...and Carbon Fetish hooked me up with the last custom crushed blue velvet saddle in existence...
HA! Took me long enough to find this thread. Wow! That bike is a beauty! Enjoy the saddle!

dh girlie said:
he's just jealous the bike is much prettier than when he had it! :D
I forgive Brian for getting rid of my extra cool blue cable housing but he still owes me a case of beer for not brining his bike when he came to Hawaii. I prefer Bitburger please. :p

You need to break that new colored frame in at St. Louis. She missed that trail and she told me so.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
kuma said:
I forgive Brian for getting rid of my extra cool blue cable housing but he still owes me a case of beer for not brining his bike when he came to Hawaii. I prefer Bitburger please. :p

You need to break that new colored frame in at St. Louis. She missed that trail and she told me so.
Hey Rob, Julie & I were talking about a possible Hawaii next year, but probably Maui. If it happens I'll bring my bike if you'll island hop to see me. Plus I owe you a sushi dinner. You still need to come back to the Bay Area.

Brian HCM#1 said:
Hey Rob, Julie & I were talking about a possible Hawaii next year, but probably Maui. If it happens I'll bring my bike if you'll island hop to see me. Plus I owe you a sushi dinner. You still need to come back to the Bay Area.
I would totally be up for that. We went to Maui for the first time to ride early this year and Haleakala was a blast, literally a couple hours of DH. You from wide, sweeping, "oh crap I'm gonna gribble in lava rocks at 50+ mph", cliff-haning fire roads to technical singletrack to almost stunt type riding off the bottom slopes. I want to go back there and you would provide me a reason to do so. :D