Quantcast

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
as ive said before, im not high enough yet to understand your gibberish.

under your post-apocalyptic world, you said those with survival or political skill would "soldier on". thankfully i have both, but would use my political skill to take your freshly killed animal from you..:rofl:

and no, im a grand wizard.
I'm not as high as I'd like, either, having not smoked in weeks but it doesn't affect my reading comprehension...just my short-term memory.

Anyhow, I'd better skulk off to my wilderness cabin now before this Klansman, congressional page or whatever the fvck he is gets too angry and decides to flex on me; I wouldn't want my library card suspended. :rolleyes:

shocktower

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Molalla Oregon
:rofl:
Exactly my point.
Go on any hunting forum and read their little version of the political board and you'll see crap like I bolded here. Denial of any true environmental issue. True conservationists do not think this way. But thanks for proving my point about only helping the animals you can catch or kill.
Feeding the elk
Helping gamefish at a hatchery.
Building boxes for ducks so you can shoot them later.

Good thing you volunteer. :rolleyes:

By the way, Im more than a little involved in the field of natural resources and deal with more hunters and fishermen on a daily basis than I'd like to.
Wow you saw right through our agenda ,what a moron ,so you just let the animals starve to death lose their habitat ,and be done with them ,remember there where not many Elk left in this country until they started replaning them ,and with the grow of the human population they have lost their food source ,being it has happened ,only hunters have stepped up to keep the animals around where your tree hugging mentality wants them all to die off ,nice and since you where raised by people who don`t hunt or fish ,what gives you the right to judge my life style .I just don`t get it people with out the knowing want to tell me what I can and cannot eat and how I get it :plthumbsdown::plthumbsdown::crazy:,look get some real info not the media driven BS ...........BTW as long as your life style does not effect mine every thing is OK so you saty on your side of the street/dirt road and I`ll stay on mine

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
There you go personal attacking again. Sorry I got your panties in a bunch by calling you a redneck [read above post]. It's always funny that the ones who can't articulate any sort of sensible point just resort to name calling.

And for the record, I'm standing by my decision to sit this one out. I'd rather keep calling people rednecks because the response is priceless!
who you calling a redneck, redneck?:rofl:

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
My point is that as a man, you should be responsible and proactive enough to learn how to take care of yourself and your family even if the power goes out and supermarket is no longer stocked. .

What make a man?
Is it the woman in his arms?
Just cause she has big titties?
Or is it the way he fights every day?
....No, it's probably the titties

:rofl:

shocktower

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Molalla Oregon
as ive said before, im not high enough yet to understand your gibberish.

under your post-apocalyptic world, you said those with survival or political skill would "soldier on". thankfully i have both, but would use my political skill to take your freshly killed animal from you..:rofl:

and no, im a grand wizard.
Nice a hippie threat ,look what I do does not in any way shap or form effect your life style WTF would you want to eeefff with mine ,I just don`t get it people telling other people what they can do with their land or rights to harvest food ,it scares me ,that certain people have an agenda to bother other peoples lives that have nothing to do with theirs :huh::huh:. I see treehuggers:busted::busted:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Wow you saw right through our agenda ,what a moron ,so you just let the animals starve to death lose their habitat ,and be done with them ,remember there where not many Elk left in this country until they started replaning them ,and with the grow of the human population they have lost their food source ,being it has happened ,only hunters have stepped up to keep the animals around where your tree hugging mentality wants them all to die off ,nice and since you where raised by people who don`t hunt or fish ,what gives you the right to judge my life style .I just don`t get it people with out the knowing want to tell me what I can and cannot eat and how I get it :plthumbsdown::plthumbsdown::crazy:,look get some real info not the media driven BS ...........BTW as long as your life style does not effect mine every thing is OK so you saty on your side of the street/dirt road and I`ll stay on mine
What's funny is that you all of a sudden want to cast me as some kind of tree hugger, which couldn't be further from the truth, as I have enjoyed hunting myself over the years. Im just calling you out on the BS assertion that hunters are these great conservationists when they, by and large and just like you, make these very obvious denials of true environmental issues that I've mentioned here. I live and work in this field, so to try and invalidate my opinion as being "media driven" is a cop-out for the argument you don't have.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Nice a hippie threat ,look what I do does not in any way shap or form effect your life style WTF would you want to eeefff with mine ,I just don`t get it people telling other people what they can do with their land or rights to harvest food ,it scares me ,that certain people have an agenda to bother other peoples lives that have nothing to do with theirs :huh::huh:. I see treehuggers:busted::busted:
i dont believe i said what you can or cant do did i? i said it was wrong. i smoke pot, its wrong, but i dont tell people not to do it....thats pretty similar.:rofl:
i am all for letting people do anything they want on their land. thats a right us USAers get...to do anything we want on our own land.
im not for killing aminals...and if you dont like it, well too bad.
opinions are like asholes. everyone has one

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
There you go personal attacking again. Sorry I got your panties in a bunch by calling you a redneck [read above post]. It's always funny that the ones who can't articulate any sort of sensible point just resort to name calling.

And for the record, I'm standing by my decision to sit this one out. I'd rather keep calling people rednecks because the response is priceless!
Actually, I should apologize for getting YOUR panties in a bunch. I'm glad to see you decided to rejoin our pointless argument. Was it past your bedtime last night?

Aw, I'm sorry, did I hurt your feelings? I didn't resort to 'name calling' (how cute, haven't heard that one since elementary school) because you called me a redneck, do you honestly think I care? If I was a redneck, I would proudly admit it like every one of them do, but since I am not unfortunately I can't claim that distinction. Darn!

I called your comment idiotic because it WAS, and your close-minded opinions on hunting are more than amusing, as well as annoying.

'Can't articulate any sort of sensible point'? :rofl: OK champ.

If you're going to 'sit this one out', then go ahead and do so. No one will miss you

Last edited:

Hunter

Monkey
Sep 14, 2006
The Right coast
This thread is fun!

...And no we don't have a (deer) "overpopulation problem." :crazy:
Correct, we have a human overpopulation problem. When does open season for humans start?

Shotgun season for deer just opened here last weekend. No playing in the woods during daylight hours for the next couple weeks for me, unless you want to risk adding a few ounces of lead weight to yer arse.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Actually, I should apologize

Wow thanks for apologizing! It takes a real man to admit he makes mistakes. Since we're friends now, can we get up for a beer at SS next season? :wave:

Let me reiterate (and I'm not referring to any individual person here) - when people have no argument, they instead choose to use personal attacks and name calling. Without diversity, this forum/country/world would be pretty dull.

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
Wow thanks for apologizing! It takes a real man to admit he makes mistakes. Since we're friends now, can we get up for a beer at SS next season? :wave:

Let me reiterate (and I'm not referring to any individual person here) - when people have no argument, they instead choose to use personal attacks and name calling. Without diversity, this forum/country/world would be pretty dull.
Ha ha, I envision an interesting conversation over said beer. But I accept.

I didn't 'resort' to name calling. I'd consider myself pretty well-articulated and if I need to get a point across, then you'll know. I just like calling people idiots when they piss me off because it's easier and I'm lazy :biggrin:

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Ha ha, I envision an interesting conversation over said beer. But I accept.

I didn't 'resort' to name calling. I'd consider myself pretty well-articulated and if I need to get a point across, then you'll know. I just like calling people idiots when they piss me off because it's easier and I'm lazy :biggrin:

This is a perfect end to this turd of a thread. Could someone shut this fvcker down quick before anyone else posts? :D

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
Actually, typical "vegetarianism" still supports the dairy industry which is equally bad (if not worse) - and some even eat fish.
i'm well aware of that, but IH8Rice specifically said that he wasn't for the killing of animals. imo, in no way can you justify the fact that you do not support the killing of animals if you eat any type of meat. by purchasing meat, you are supporting the people who kill the animals.

if you don't want to support the killing of animals, then stop eating meat. it's as simple as that.

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
i'm well aware of that, but IH8Rice specifically said that he wasn't for the killing of animals. imo, in no way can you justify the fact that you do not support the killing of animals if you eat any type of meat. by purchasing meat, you are supporting the people who kill the animals.

if you don't want to support the killing of animals, then stop eating meat. it's as simple as that.
we got ya, bud.

we need a 'beating the dead horse' smiley.

shocktower

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Molalla Oregon
i dont believe i said what you can or cant do did i? i said it was wrong. i smoke pot, its wrong, but i dont tell people not to do it....thats pretty similar.:rofl:
i am all for letting people do anything they want on their land. thats a right us USAers get...to do anything we want on our own land.
im not for killing aminals...and if you dont like it, well too bad.
opinions are like asholes. everyone has one
You are so wrong ,I own some timber land ,and I have to ask permission to harvest my own trees ,many land owners have to ask ,and when they wanted to do some logging ,they got shut down by treehuggers and their agenda you can`t really do what you want on your property get real ,smoke all the pot you want ,I don`t think its wrong it is your body,also you saying you want to do what ever you can to stop people from hunting is telling me what I can and cannot do ..........:redface:

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
You are so wrong ,I own some timber land ,and I have to ask permission to harvest my own trees ,many land owners have to ask ,and when they wanted to do some logging ,they got shut down by treehuggers and their agenda
Everyone has to ask. There are these things called 'BMPs'. They're kind of important.

Logging or even just harvesting a few trees be it for firewood or commercial purposes has a much bigger impact on the environment than hunting.
Really, the only time you will see 'tree huggers' (I'm a forestry major, does that make me one?) try to stop logging operations is when there is some kind of environmental impact that they feel is being increased by logging (endangered spp., water quality, land access, etc.)

Riding

Monkey
Dec 19, 2006
Millis, MA
we need more tags!
Or maybe not:

Well this thread has entertained me today.

Congrats on the Deer. Everytime I have ever walked in the woods with my shotgun, I never saw a single creature. It was ridiculous, no deer, no birds, nothing. And I've never seen antlers. Last week I went for a little hike a saw three Whitetails. I ran into them a couple times on the trail nework and trakced them for about a half hour before the alpha snorted at me and trio ran off.

Attachments

Upgr8r

High Priest or maybe Jedi Master
May 2, 2006
Ventura, CA
I put Bambi on the tube for the rugrat last night and all I could think about was yummy venison.

After high school, I lived in SE Idaho for 7 months and all I could afford to eat was venison and potatos as both were relatively free. Man those were some good meals

shocktower

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Molalla Oregon
Everyone has to ask. There are these things called 'BMPs'. They're kind of important.

Logging or even just harvesting a few trees be it for firewood or commercial purposes has a much bigger impact on the environment than hunting.
Really, the only time you will see 'tree huggers' (I'm a forestry major, does that make me one?) try to stop logging operations is when there is some kind of environmental impact that they feel is being increased by logging (endangered spp., water quality, land access, etc.)
Yes and no ,I live most the time in Oregon ,and some of the lumber companys cannot log their own land ,it is considered Old Growth so the treehuggers had it shut down ,Logging has improve they still do things that baffle me ,I know that logging next to streams kill fish and ruin their habitat ,The inviromental impact is just their oppinion ,and the want to shut all logging down ,just like hunting ,it is all in their scope of control ,Oh yeah it depends on who you work for and if you have common scence ,I wanted to be a forester when I was in the 7-8th grade ,I did some test and they told me it was not for me ,wish I had of purssued it ,Oh well never look back just look foward :clue:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head

Actually, to not support the killing of animals, you would hae to go full vegan, not just what your eating, but what you wear, use for daily products ETC.

You are so wrong ,I own some timber land ,and I have to ask permission to harvest my own trees ,many land owners have to ask ,and when they wanted to do some logging ,they got shut down by treehuggers and their agenda you can`t really do what you want on your property get real ,smoke all the pot you want ,I don`t think its wrong it is your body,also you saying you want to do what ever you can to stop people from hunting is telling me what I can and cannot do ..........:redface:

I brought this up in the Seirra club threadh, My Bro cannot cut down a tree that is a potential danger to his new home because it is considered old growth. To the point that he might get foreclosed on due to not being able to get Home owners because of said tree. Was also given some good advise on how to get around it in that thread as well. But all in all, its his tree, he should be allowed to remove it if he wants, specially being a danger to his home

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Part of me sits here scratching my head wondering how things have gotten this bad in our overly litigious society.

If I own something, i.e. land, my car, asian sex workers, etc, then it is my determination alone that decides what to do with them. How did the judicial wing of things become so manipulated and stretched to think that they could usurp the entire basis for common law in this manner.

Oh yea, now I remember, hippie lawyers. Lawyers are scum, bottom of the barrel (and before you go off, I am a lawyer, so I can say this in good faith), and hippie lawyers are even worse.

Part of me thinks its time for peasant land up rising. Viva La Revolution!

shocktower

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Molalla Oregon
Part of me sits here scratching my head wondering how things have gotten this bad in our overly litigious society.

If I own something, i.e. land, my car, asian sex workers, etc, then it is my determination alone that decides what to do with them. How did the judicial wing of things become so manipulated and stretched to think that they could usurp the entire basis for common law in this manner.

Oh yea, now I remember, hippie lawyers. Lawyers are scum, bottom of the barrel (and before you go off, I am a lawyer, so I can say this in good faith), and hippie lawyers are even worse.

Part of me thinks its time for peasant land up rising. Viva La Revolution!

How can we trust you,you are one of those people:huh::crazy::rant:J/K

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
i don't think land should be treated the same way as material objects like your house or car.

letting people whatever they want with their land leads to the land being exploited and whatever ecosystem that once existed there will eventually vanish. a majority of americans do not understand the concept of conservation and how we need to work with the land, not against it. the land was here long before you were and will be around long after you are gone so what gives you the right to attempt to "conquer" it?

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
i don't think land should be treated the same way as material objects like your house or car.

letting people whatever they want with their land leads to the land being exploited and whatever ecosystem that once existed there will eventually vanish. a majority of americans do not understand the concept of conservation and how we need to work with the land, not against it. the land was here long before you were and will be around long after you are gone so what gives you the right to attempt to "conquer" it?
you do have a point, but dont you think that as a american and land owner, one should have the right to do what they want with their land?

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
you do have a point, but dont you think that as a american and land owner, one should have the right to do what they want with their land?
no, land is generally not cheap in most areas and i doubt it will be getting cheaper as the amount of it that's available is shrinking(which is unfortunately because i would love to eventually own a decent amount of land, but that's another topic altogether). so with land being expensive, who generally are the people that can afford to buy large amounts of it? developers of course. with no restrictions on what they can do with the land then it looks like it is another prime location for some overpriced condos.

the same goes for logging, if there aren't any restrictions then the companies will just clear cut the areas.

without restrictions, those who just want to profit off of the land will basically rape and pillage it, destroying it for those of us who just want to enjoy it.

edit: now that's not to say that when someone buys land they can't do anything to it, i just think that whatever they plan on doing with the land should be cleared with someone who understands the environmental impacts of the changes. more people need to take conservation into consideration.

Last edited: