Quantcast

Musical chair game 2016 or Teh offseason prophecy

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Winning at enduro = 40-60th place in DH

It's kind of like coming out on top at a chess tournament. You'll feel good at the time because lots of people there are giving you affirmation, but when you step back, you realize you just spent all that time to become lord of the dwids.

Pretty soon you start thinking 1mph nose wheelies make switchbacks acceptable, and that duct taping tubes to your frame makes your sponsors equipment look good when really "there's a bag for that". You start finding yourself putting on those dumb spandex kneepads for every ride..........downward spiral.
Or winning the Special Olympics...literally, the fucking Special Olympics of cycling.

ridea

Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
south west of England
I think you might be on to something here...
Gee seems hellbent on bruteforcing a win. Compare that to Minnaar´s stoic calmness and how he kept on top of the game for an incredible period of time. Gee takes every second place finish as a personal insult and failure, that has to mess with your head at some point. Gee should hire less personal trainers and get someone to even out his work life balance a little because obviously he can´t do it by himself.
That guy could dominate them all, but mentally he´s just way behind Minnaar and Gwin while Loic has got his youthful energy going for him.
Sad he doesn´t take a little inspiration from his sister.
Jesus christ what is this thread, mountainbike racers don't get paid enough for keyboard warriors to psychoanalyse them on the basis of a two minute pink bike video.
To be fair he probably is nuts... a professional mountain bikes wants to win... put him in a straight jacket :bonk:

ritche

Monkey
Dec 3, 2011
Yeti have to choose now because they cannot afford both (they left WC DH because of cost)

guess is Yeti will pick rude, and drop graves.

hope graves continues to ride and write his diary with his new bike

cant imagine graves on a different bike, it's like CK and intense.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Well the World Chess Champ gets this for a weekend of work more than any MTB team is making combined....crap even the looser takes home more.

"The winner of the match will receive $750,000, and the loser will take home $500,000."

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
:stupid:

I wouldn't be surprised to see rude get snatched up by either a DH team or a broduro team with deeper pockets. Graves has been with yeti forever, I can't imagine him going far.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Rude got multpile years left for Yeti, according to reliable commentator on PB.
But yeah, i was hoping he'd be going somewhere with deeper pockets also.....

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
The fact Yeti had to pull out of DH for financial reasons, makes me wonder how many carbon Yeti frames Rude and Graves break in a year?

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
I'd wager a bet that Rude's powermeter VO2 numbers are off the charts. That might be one of the reason Yeti steered him to Enduro....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'd wager a bet that Rude's powermeter VO2 numbers are off the charts. That might be one of the reason Yeti steered him to Enduro....
from what i recall, yeti made the decision to focus on enduro over DH. they gave all their DH riders - graves, rude, and cam cole - the same offer. to switch to enduro or yeti would still fulfill the terms of their contracts (ie keep paying them) but would be free to go to another DH team. rude and graves both chose to stay.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Oh snap, Cam Cole. What's that guy up to these days?

How about Mike Hopkins? Haven't heard about him recently either.

ritche

Monkey
Dec 3, 2011
For yeti to keep rude boy, a salary raise and cut from gravy's. Take it or leave it situation for gravy, even he is the poster boy for yeti. It happened to Rennie the original SC syndicate.

Fab Barel retires from enduro, to be a WC dh team manager/ coach for canyon bikes.

CRC: choosing between mike jones and Sam Hill?

Last edited: