Quantcast

mtn-x frames

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
redical said:
I threw some facts at ya as far as specs. You're the one that sounds like a groupie following the herd.
Huh? Did I miss a post? Or was the only spec "thrown" a 68 degree head angle and "too long chainstays" (hardly a spec, and only a preference at that)?

I hope you're not taking this personally - I'm certainly not - but come on now. Groupie following the heard? I'm haven't even stated that the IH Mtn-X is a great bike - I haven't ridden one to know. But ska todd and DW are both good guys, who work for good companies, and they post a lot on here and help people out. A simple dismissal of their product as completely inferior based on no riding experience or numbers of any kind (no wait, except for a head angle, which according to an earlier post was based on a 6" SC fork) is unfair to anyone reading these boards who may be influenced by your post rather than getting some real world data or riding it for themselves. Not to mention you yourself might not give a good product the chance it deserves.

This started as a simple question and only turned into a lengthy discussion because you had no answer for my question - that is, actual data or riding time.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
my bike is better than your bike... wait, what bike do you ride?

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
i want to see a race between stoney on an IH-mtx and redical on a turner rail.

ahaha - the loser (redical) apologizes for being a jerk.

ahahahah

hehehe

redical

Monkey
May 19, 2004
68 degrees (and not with a 6" fork either - this according to Todd) and 16.9" chainstays. There you are. .

binary visions said:
Huh? Did I miss a post? Or was the only spec "thrown" a 68 degree head angle and "too long chainstays" (hardly a spec, and only a preference at that)?

I hope you're not taking this personally - I'm certainly not - but come on now. Groupie following the heard? I'm haven't even stated that the IH Mtn-X is a great bike - I haven't ridden one to know. But ska todd and DW are both good guys, who work for good companies, and they post a lot on here and help people out. A simple dismissal of their product as completely inferior based on no riding experience or numbers of any kind (no wait, except for a head angle, which according to an earlier post was based on a 6" SC fork) is unfair to anyone reading these boards who may be influenced by your post rather than getting some real world data or riding it for themselves. Not to mention you yourself might not give a good product the chance it deserves.

This started as a simple question and only turned into a lengthy discussion because you had no answer for my question - that is, actual data or riding time.

redical

Monkey
May 19, 2004
stoney98 said:
EC really rode a rail for a few years...
WOW! YOu are so smart, I totally thought that they just made that frame within the last 1.5 years. Adding to that, Sgt. Brown here on RM (aka Rob Brown of Turner/Honda) if I remember correctly had the first one. I think you're wrong sport.

As for EC's bikes, let's see, there was the I-Drive, then the Tazer, then the XCE, and then, oh wait, he's still on an XCE, my bad. He might have been prototyping one, but he never raced one. Why design a bike you'll never use? Even more so, one that you know you won't use because it's too heavy to race.

Get you logic straight. Get your facts straight, then spout.
CHeck the DIRT mag (or any other) covering 2002 Sea Otter. Who is on the cover riding what? That is atleast 2 years. And it got heavy becasue Turner beefed it up to handle some crazy DJing. Once again, my point being the Rail's strength. Logic is ever so straight. I read, ride, research, talk, write, & do my homework. Not just talking out of my ass.

Tully

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Seattle, WA
redical said:
you sure about that? Get Turner & IH to sponsor it & supply the bikes & I will take the pepsi challenge. Winner keeps the winning bike & loser keeps the turd that he was riding. What do ya say?
Now that's a good idea. :rolleyes:

redical

Monkey
May 19, 2004
dump said:
your delivery certainly makes it seem that way.
Delivery based on their earlier tone. If ya can't stand the elbowing, stay out of the berm!

:evil:

redical

Monkey
May 19, 2004
Lets smoke a peace pipe now guys, I am tired of typing.

Hopefully this helps Tully on his decision. Do extensive homework before you buy. There is a ridiculous amount of mark-up in this industry, spend wisely. 99% of facts stated in this "discussion" were found on this very same sacred website. But also remember that lots of these guys are marketing hypesters looking to spin damage control on their pimps' products.

Don't believe the hype!

:nope:

Fulton

Monkey
Nov 9, 2001
redical said:
Yeah they seem to be dropping in price because of the VPP Tazers coming out in the fall. I am looking at possibly buying a new 2004 I found with an air shock for only $400!
uuummmmmm, wow, if you don't buy that, let me know. $400 for a new tazer is not a bad deal ;)