mark wallaces run was friggen sick

aenema

almost 100% positive
Sep 5, 2008
i thought minnnaar left him hangin' by mistake

anyways.... banging race. man those runs are friggen long

sick to see bryceland beat that almost impossible time of bruni

mark wallaces run was friggen sick
I want to see Mark Wallace's section in the rocks played over and over. The replay they showed was only slow motion and while cool, real time made my jaw hit the floor. So b.a.

BigBoi

Monkey
Oct 31, 2011
Long Island, NY
He is not fit enough and overshot the last corner.

However it's 5 min ride, but he should stop drinking beer!
Wtf are you talking about?
If he's not fit enough and that caused him to overshoot, what does that have to do with minaar not shaking his hand?
And lastly, are you blaming beer?
Don't ever blame beer.

Whenever I read one of your posts, the first thing I say to myself is "what is the point this dude is trying to make?" You rarely make any sense

tomasis7

stroganoff
Nov 5, 2014
Electronic bong-shed LEGAL
Bigboy, why would I make sense? Are you blind enough not see that we are in Ridemonkey?!

Lets say minnar didn't want shake his hand because hart fucked his girl? Does it make more sense now? In men's world.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I think there is some sort of truth to this.
Dunno, they both did stick with the same suspension company which should be the biggest influence after geometry. And the geo on the Trek isn't that unusual.

BigBoi

Monkey
Oct 31, 2011
Long Island, NY
Bigboy, why would I make sense? Are you blind enough not see that we are in Ridemonkey?!

Lets say minnar didn't want shake his hand because hart fucked his girl? Does it make more sense now? In men's world.
That would make sense if true, and that's my point. Your posts are mindless drivel. There is no point

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
Has anybody heard about Gee vs. Rat yet? Apparently there was some combat at the party last night. It sounds like a hammered Rat was "taking the piss out of" Gee. Possibly gay jokes about the rainbow jersey? I would not want to mix it up with Gee, but luckily for Ratboy, Sam Dale was on his side.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Dunno, they both did stick with the same suspension company which should be the biggest influence after geometry. And the geo on the Trek isn't that unusual.
I dunno

I went from 2 seasons on a tr450, to one season on a tr500 (26), to taking the suspension off my tr500 and putting it on a v-10 (with 650bzzzzzzz) and here i am halfway through the season still trying to dial the bike in to suit me.

I get that I'm a hack rider and a hack mechanic...but, if I am noticing it and having trouble getting dialed in, imagine the guy (gwin) who claims to notice .5 psi in his tires. If it aint right for them (neko and gwinn) it aint right.

Granted they get in WAY more testing time with people who can get that shit sorted, but, it wouldn't surprise me a bit to see guys at that caliber get thrown off with a new ride.

DH Dad

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
MA
I dunno

I went from 2 seasons on a tr450, to one season on a tr500 (26), to taking the suspension off my tr500 and putting it on a v-10 (with 650bzzzzzzz) and here i am halfway through the season still trying to dial the bike in to suit me.

I get that I'm a hack rider and a hack mechanic...but, if I am noticing it and having trouble getting dialed in, imagine the guy (gwin) who claims to notice .5 psi in his tires. If it aint right for them (neko and gwinn) it aint right.

Granted they get in WAY more testing time with people who can get that shit sorted, but, it wouldn't surprise me a bit to see guys at that caliber get thrown off with a new ride.
I've never been able to get comfortable on a V10 granted I never gave it any extended length of time but it was just very different than anything I was ever used to.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Has anybody heard about Gee vs. Rat yet? Apparently there was some combat at the party last night. It sounds like a hammered Rat was "taking the piss out of" Gee. Possibly gay jokes about the rainbow jersey? I would not want to mix it up with Gee, but luckily for Ratboy, Sam Dale was on his side.
We need more infos on this!

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
Anyone know the overall points now? Redbull Live TV stopped before they showed it.
For the lazy web, incl. me, myself & I
  1. GWIN Aaron USA SPECIALIZED RACING 839
  2. BRUNI Loic FRA LAPIERRE GRAVITY REPUBLIC 814
  3. MINNAAR Greg RSA 769
  4. BROSNAN Troy AUS SPECIALIZED RACING 698
  5. BRYCELAND Josh GBR 599
  6. ATHERTON Gee GBR GT FACTORY RACING 496
  7. GUTIERREZ VILLEGAS Marcelo COL GIANT FACTORY OFF-ROAD TEAM 491
  8. HART Danny GBR MS MONDRAKER TEAM 468
  9. THIRION Remi FRA COMMENCAL / VALLNORD 456
  10. FAIRCLOUGH Brendan GBR GSTAAD-SCOTT 424

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I think normally these things come down to 1-2 riders within a hundred points of eachother. Impressive that this far into the season, there are 4 riders who could easily take the leaders jersey.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
I've never been able to get comfortable on a V10 granted I never gave it any extended length of time but it was just very different than anything I was ever used to.
Part of my problem is my lack of riding skill and lack of suspension tuning knowledge, I can make a good bike feel like dog shit in no time flat.

I made some great improvements in the overall feel last time out by slowing my rebound down 2 clicks front and rear. I'll get there.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Part of my problem is my lack of riding skill and lack of suspension tuning knowledge, I can make a good bike feel like dog shit in no time flat.

I made some great improvements in the overall feel last time out by slowing my rebound down 2 clicks front and rear. I'll get there.
but the v10/vpp is unrideable. didn't you get the memo?

ritche

Monkey
Dec 3, 2011
it's the racer not the bike,...

is GM or Peaty the WC racer who have podiumed the most number dh bikes?

moar on Gee antd ratboy pls...

ritche

Monkey
Dec 3, 2011
yes GM, I mean most number of DH bikes podiumed from orange, haro, honda, Sc V10.3 -V10.6, Never heard from him " struggled" or complain on all his bike he rode, SP, FSR, VPPs.

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
the story of gee and rat

"

So, the story goes, Sir Gee Atherton was conversing with a bystanders on course during practice at Mont Sainte Anne when Sir Josh Bryceland showed up unprovoked, dropped his trousers and began shaking his exposed flesh weapon at Sir Atherton in front of God and everybody. Words were exchanged and there was some pushing and shoving. The interaction was heated, and just when it seemed that the tussle was over, the two went after each other once more. The bystanders were in the act of separating Sir Gee and Sir Josh when out of the blue, Sir Sam Dale jumped into the fray and decided this was his moment to get a piece of the reigning World Champion. Sir Dale sucker-punched Sir Atherton a couple of times in the head while the Champ was being held back.

Medical experts say that a man's heart can only pump enough blood to keep either his brain or his privates running at full potential - but never both at the same time. Look no further for proof of that.

Another less plausible explanation is that when Gee, Josh and Sam heard that Gwin won without a chain, they thought they heard "brain" and said: "Amputate mine, I want to win one of those things!" Fight your pet peeves on your bicycles, gentlemen."

ritche

Monkey
Dec 3, 2011
it was sir Gee who drop his trousers first! privates at full potential (on a GM's V10)

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
anyone have a link to wallace's run? it got cut out of the redbull condensed recap (although props to redbull for giving equal time to men and women in their recap).