Quantcast

MSA WC - Jackalope missed the boat

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
On one hand I totally agree with you. If you're going to follow someone, follow them.

On the other hand, there's some big gaps in there that a heavier dude might need more speed to clear than a lighter girl.
He did the same with Marcelo in the last venue. He's not passing them because bragging. He's passing them because he sucks. And even him makes fun of it.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
I has a sad, my friend Dakotah did not qualify.

I has a happy, my friend Shane Leslie did qualify.

I think it's kinda rude and bad form for Claudio to be passing the girls in his course check videos.

Kinda getting sick of the dude at this point...

Not saying I don't like the view.
Agree, though he did mention that she had not seen certain parts yet, he did also mention she was not sure if she was going to hit some of the jumps yet.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
seriously? if he, a washed up ex-pro, can ride faster in a couse preview than other current pros, male or female, that's weaksauce on their part. also, it's a fun practice run. wgaf?

DH Dad

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
MA
With more rain in the forecast could be a repeat of Worlds at Champery. Not surprising Brosnan and Hart qualified 1 and 2, those two were head and shoulders above everyone else in the slop in 2011 Worlds. Going out on a limb and predicting small guys kill it today, not so much for the likes of Gee and Minaar!

DH Dad

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
MA
Snapped a crank? Let me guess... carbon crank.
Let's hope he's not turning into a modern day Kovarik, that guy broke stuff left and right. Don't think I ever saw him complete a Mount Snow course on a full functional bike.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Since the Kovarik days, the strength problems have pretty much been solved. Right now, folks are pushing in lightness category and it's getting silly. As kidwoo said, it's 2003 all over again.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I seriously miss the Kovarik/Rennie days of overbuilt bikes and exploding track features.

what crank did Gwin break and how did it fail?

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
the most trusted resource, pinkbike comments, said this
"Snapped a pedal in the first turn and pulled off the track. He's fine. He'll be Gwinning tomorrow."

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Bummer about Emmeline. This wet weather is going to make things interesting. Just hope it stays sort of uniform for the whole field.

DH Dad

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
MA
My live feed is flawless.

What's up with Mulally?
Same pains Gwin had after leaving Trek. Either the TWR bike is that good or its so different than anything else that pros need to learn to ride again after hopping off it.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Much shouting during ratboys run and then at the end of brosnan's thinking he was going to snatch it.

Fantastic run by Bruni with no pedaling on the bottom of the track. Ridiculous how fast Gwin looked through the tech stuff.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Much shouting during ratboys run and then at the end of brosnan's thinking he was going to snatch it.

Fantastic run by Bruni with no pedaling on the bottom of the track. Ridiculous how fast Gwin looked through the tech stuff.
Bruni broke his chain in the last part. Seems to be a prerequisite to be in the podium these days... Either it's that or they need to go back to a real 7 speed chain

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
It'll be interesting to see the split times for this one- psyched for Ratboy!

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Does loic have the record for 2nd place finishes without a win? Dude really seems to have pissed off the floating pasta wizard. Still, he's obviously going to win one soon, and it won't be surprising if he goes on a tear like Ratter did last year.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Bruni broke his chain in the last part. Seems to be a prerequisite to be in the podium these days... Either it's that or they need to go back to a real 7 speed chain
Didn't snap, just got jammed in the device I think. Wonder what time he might have gotten though.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Don't know the exact digits, but vital mentioned gwin is still in front, but only by 25 points over Bruni, and I'd assume GM isn't far behind. Crazy to think Loic could win the overall and not actually win a race.

tomasis7

stroganoff
Nov 5, 2014
Electronic bong-shed LEGAL
Don't know the exact digits, but vital mentioned gwin is still in front, but only by 25 points over Bruni, and I'd assume GM isn't far behind. Crazy to think Loic could win the overall and not actually win a race.
Really? When I wrote about it, i also downrated Stevie Smith, people thought I was crazy! Well peoples memory is short..

Hart gets thumb down, I understand why minaar didn't want shake his hand!

Yeah , luici is new Le Voullouzzzz!! Ratboy is impressive as well. Dito Brosnan..

/The Genial Fool!