Quantcast

MSA WC - Jackalope missed the boat

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Today is Wednesday, the circus is in town, Claudio's GoPro run is probably about to be posted in the intertubes...I think an MSA WC thread is on order! :)

What needs to be said so far: It is the 25th WC at Mont-Sainte-Anne. The MSA track got some new sections, including some kind of interesting huck-to-berm under the gondola. There will also be a bar mid-mountain during the race. I guess it'll be under the gondola, where the party is every year.

I'll go check this out tomorrow.

Should be a good one! :)

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
My money is on my hometown homies Dakotah Norton (First world cup) and Shane Leslie getting a top 25 finish.

That might seem aggressive, so I just wish them the best of luck in qualifying.

DH Dad

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
MA
150th world cup race and the 25th time the circuit stops in MSA.
This means Peaty and Minnaar have won together more then 20% of all the WC races ever held!:eek:
Add three more names to that list and it accounts for 50% of all WC races held ever! Amazing 5 guys (4 of them still racing) have accounted for that many wins.

DH Dad

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
MA
Does someone have a list of the top ten winningest riders and the number of wins they have?
Not top ten but top five I believe are:

Minaar: 18
Peat: 17
Vouilloz: 16
Hill: 13
Gwin: 12

Not sure where on the list he is but Gee has 7 and Kovarik has 5 WC wins according to Wikipedia which we all know is fact!

Last edited:

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Pffft, I've been way too caught up in watching real athletes compete in the Crossfit Games to worry about some silly bicycle rally - especially a rally that doesn't even involve needles and blood bags. I mean shit, let me know when Ratboy or Remi can flip over fat bike tires across a field or drag 100 lb sandbags up stadium stairs. I bet there isn't even anyone on the WC circuit who's torn their labrum 17 times clean and jerking themselves ad infinitum.

But now that the best male and female exercisers on earth have been crowned, and Froome has wrapped up Le Dope, I suppose I can turn my attention to Quebecia.

Background:

• Having lost a fair bit of money on a sail boat many years ago, I really don't mind missing them.
  • Poutin is awesome provided you never put fucking mayonnaise on it. Seriously, that is 2 girls 1 cup disgusting.
  • For a country that produces great weed, its surprising to me they still make shit beer by in large.
  • Hockey really is fun to watch in person.
  • EAST(ish) COAST ROX BITCHES!!
  • Bryan Adams and Celine Dion really suck...as in I don't even know if High on Fire could cover one of their songs and make it tolerable...that's a lot of sucking. However, I will at least say that Bryan Adams owns (or did own) several P-51 Mustangs, so he does get some points for that.
  • Quebec is bigger and colder than Louisiana, but they both still have a lot of white trash that speak a weird dialect of french.
  • Speaking of chalkies, Quebec was "discovered" by Jacques Cartier, who's modern ancestors now make outrageously expensive watches.
  • They've been holding gravity bike festivals at MSA longer than Luca Shaw has been alive.
  • Dry Mist = Canada Dry + Canadian Mist
  • The latitude of MSA is almost the same as Paris and many areas of the UK...coincidence? I think not...expect the western euros to fair well this weekend. As jdcamb can attest, geography is everything.

Right then, now that we have the crucial data needed to make informed race result projections, lets get cracking -

1. (Canadian) Bacon: Yes, you read that right. My refined results algorithm is telling me that a red coated Mounty will donate his horse to the cause and simple slap a package of ham, err, "bacon" on the saddle, smack our equine hero on the ass at the final beep, and win by 30 seconds. The secret? Crabon horseshoes, that none other than the official ferrier of RM (Loco) will install the night before to avoid UV damage. Needless to say, Loco still sucks (almost as bad as Celine Dion and Bryan Adams) and he takes another retard blow to his melon...but at this point, he's already at full retard, so no biggie.

2. Ted Cruz: Seriously, this is what my advanced analytics is telling me, so eff off, eh...Canadia's favored son makes a glorious return to home soil astride a biblical era chariot, pulled by an ancestor to the very donkey that shit in baby Jesus's manger so many years ago. Like the Mounty's mount, this scrappy donk is shoed by Loco (who once again, receives another cloven face blast), but the poor fella just can't manage the same pace as the bacon horse on account of Teddy's legitimate, King James Bible says its OK sexual assault the night before the race.

3. Richie Schley: Rocking a Rotwild AMG, the famous Schleyer makes a grande re-entrance into the mountain biking scene by throwing sweet ass "tables" over the wooden bridge jump and gamely offering sage instruction to noobes like Rat Boy and Loris Vergier...get ready mutha fuckas!

4. Bubbles: Making the short jaunt from Sunnyvale, ol'Bubbs comes donned as the Green Bastard, and crushes the gnurrr with his swish powered go-kart. Things get a little weird at the start gate with Conky providing pre-race run instructions, but Bubbles throws down a fantastic result, and is finally able to get "frisky" with one of the skanky Montreal strippers prowling the resort parking lot. In a seemingly related incident, Ted Cruz is later legitimately assaulted by a particularly amorous mountain lion.

5. Trumbullhucker: Also making the short trip from upstate Northeastern America, RM luddite extraordinaire somehow coaxes his shitty, pico-rimmed, out of production DHR down the hill to take the final podium spot. The only thing slowing him down (other than his wheels, which cost him 3.5% of his speed in the rox) is his penchant for getting JonKranked, super-fan drunk on Labatts Bleu before his race run.

But as per the usual, I like to throw in an insurance prediction in case I forgot to carry a zero in my calculations -

1. Bruni
2. Gwin (dry) / Gee (wet)
3. Yeah Connah!
4. Gee (dry) / Gwin (dry)
5. Stevie/Hill/Brendog (hoping one of these guys makes a surprise visit to the podium)

Le femmes -

1. Rach (zzzzzz)
2. Manon
3. my ozzie mistress
4. Morgan
5. Michelle Dumaresq? Ahh, I dunno...lets say Casey Brown

Woot!!! Will be epic as always, and I hope some monkeys can make it to provide first hand reports.

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Pffft, I've been way too caught up in watching real athletes compete in the Crossfit Games to worry about some silly bicycle rally - especially a rally that doesn't even involve needles and blood bags. I mean shit, let me know when Ratboy or Remi can flip over fat bike tires across a field or drag 100 lb sandbags up stadium stairs. I bet there isn't even anyone on the WC circuit who's torn their labrum 17 times clean and jerking themselves ad infinitum.

But now that the best male and female exercisers on earth have been crowned, and Froome has wrapped up Le Dope, I suppose I can turn my attention to Quebecia.

Background:

• Having lost a fair bit of money on a sail boat many years ago, I really don't mind missing them.
  • Poutin is awesome provided you never put fucking mayonnaise on it. Seriously, that is 2 girls 1 cup disgusting.
  • For a country that produces great weed, its surprising to me they still make shit beer by in large.
  • Hockey really is fun to watch in person.
  • EAST(ish) COAST ROX BITCHES!!
  • Bryan Adams and Celine Dion really suck...as in I don't even know if High on Fire could cover one of their songs and make it tolerable...that's a lot of sucking. However, I will at least say that Bryan Adams owns (or did own) several P-51 Mustangs, so he does get some points for that.
  • Quebec is bigger and colder than Louisiana, but they both still have a lot of white trash that speak a weird dialect of french.
  • Speaking of chalkies, Quebec was "discovered" by Jacques Cartier, who's modern ancestors now make outrageously expensive watches.
  • They've been holding gravity bike festivals at MSA longer than Luca Shaw has been alive.
  • Dry Mist = Canada Dry + Canadian Mist
  • The latitude of MSA is almost the same as Paris and many areas of the UK...coincidence? I think not...expect the western euros to fair well this weekend. As jdcamb can attest, geography is everything.

Right then, now that we have the crucial data needed to make informed race result projections, lets get cracking -

1. (Canadian) Bacon: Yes, you read that right. My refined results algorithm is telling me that a red coated Mounty will donate his horse to the cause and simple slap a package of ham, err, "bacon" on the saddle, smack our equine hero on the ass at the final beep, and win by 30 seconds. The secret? Crabon horseshoes, that none other than the official ferrier of RM (Loco) will install the night before to avoid UV damage. Needless to say, Loco still sucks (almost as bad as Celine Dion and Bryan Adams) and he takes another retard blow to his melon...but at this point, he's already at full retard, so no biggie.

2. Ted Cruz: Seriously, this is what my advanced analytics is telling me, so eff off, eh...Canadia's favored son makes a glorious return to home soil astride a biblical era chariot, pulled by an ancestor to the very donkey that shit in baby Jesus's manger so many years ago. Like the Mounty's mount, this scrappy donk is shoed by Loco (who once again, receives another cloven face blast), but the poor fella just can't manage the same pace as the bacon horse on account of Teddy's legitimate, King James Bible says its OK sexual assault the night before the race.

3. Richie Schley: Rocking a Rotwild AMG, the famous Schleyer makes a grande re-entrance into the mountain biking scene by throwing sweet ass "tables" over the wooden bridge jump and gamely offering sage instruction to noobes like Rat Boy and Loris Vergier...get ready mutha fuckas!

4. Bubbles: Making the short jaunt from Sunnyvale, ol'Bubbs comes donned as the Green Bastard, and crushes the gnurrr with his swish powered go-kart. Things get a little weird at the start gate with Conky providing pre-race run instructions, but Bubbles throws down a fantastic result, and is finally able to get "frisky" with one of skanky Montreal strippers prowling the resort parking lot. In a seemingly related incident, Ted Cruz is later legitimately assaulted by a particularly amorous mountain lion.

5. Trumbullhucker: Also making the short trip from upstate Northeastern America, RM luddite extraordinaire somehow coaxes his shitty, pico-rimmed, out of production DHR down the hill to take the final podium spot. The only thing slowing him down (other than his wheels, which cost him 3.5% of his speed in the rox) is his penchant for getting JonKranked, super-fan drunk on Labatts Bleu before his race run.

But as per the usual, I like to throw in an insurance prediction in case I forgot to carry a zero in my calculations -

1. Bruni
2. Gwin (dry) / Gee (wet)
3. Yeah Connah!
4. Gee (dry) / Gwin (dry)
5. Stevie/Hill/Brendog (hoping one of these guys makes a surprise visit to the podium)

Le femmes -

1. Rach (zzzzzz)
2. Manon
3. my ozzie mistress
4. Morgan
5. Michelle Dumaresq? Ahh, I dunno...lets say Casey Brown

Woot!!! Will be epic as always, and I hope some monkeys can make it to provide first hand reports.

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
- Troy got a haircut.
- The track is looking good and brutal.
- It seems the riders like the new sections. At least Sam Hill likes it...
- It should rain today, so the track is likely to change.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
The all important timed training -

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/results-world-cup-dh-round-5-mount-sainte-anne-timed-training-2015.html

Great to see some guys like Hill, Stevie and Hannah back at it, and I'm now convinced Stevie and Brendog will get rad this weekend and put in some great results. Still no Peaty it seems, which is suxor, but hardly surprising I suppose. And like a dummy, I forgot about the French ladies, so I'd expect them to kick some le ass this weekend (I may even get a 'I <3 Pom Pom' tat on my tit to celebrate her return).

Also looks like the holy Rock Walker smashed the first split, so no surprise to think he's gonna be an obvious threat to win. But like Flipfantasia said, a sky enema could certainly change the character of the track.

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
damnit remi is injured

"After looking explosive as ever in practice, shock news of the day is that World Champ contender Remi Thirion may be out with an injured, possibly broken, ankle. Fingers crossed on a better prognosis for Remi!"

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
Any more info about the Remi vs Gee bare knuckle fist fight that happened during the track walk?

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
I think it's kinda rude and bad form for Claudio to be passing the girls in his course check videos.

Kinda getting sick of the dude at this point...

Not saying I don't like the view.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
I think it's kinda rude and bad form for Claudio to be passing the girls in his course check videos.

Kinda getting sick of the dude at this point...

Not saying I don't like the view.
On one hand I totally agree with you. If you're going to follow someone, follow them.

On the other hand, there's some big gaps in there that a heavier dude might need more speed to clear than a lighter girl.