Quantcast

More fun with fedex...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
"Somebody I know" recently shipped something with Fedex. They had "him" open up an account so "he" could ship internationally. They took his credit card info, rang it up, and shipped the item. This person's credit card was not charged, and his account shows no signs of activity nor any invoices. Is this a Snafu from his local fedex branch, or is this normal and he should expect a charge in a couple weeks? The item was shipped about a week and a half ago, and has already arrived at its destination.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
not that i have any personal experience with it, but since its an account, they maybe only process the orders on a monthly basis?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
^ Yup. And if "he" shipped it international and the dunce diesel at the FedEx counter marks the checkbox for "Shipper pays customs charges", he'll get an extra special surprise like I did once.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hmmm...alright. Duties are marked to recipient. Looks like they charged me tax but shouldn't based on how I sent it. I guess we'll see.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
^ Yup. And if "he" shipped it international and the dunce diesel at the FedEx counter marks the checkbox for "Shipper pays customs charges", he'll get an extra special surprise like I did once.
I just had to deal with this mallarky too, not fun.

USPS is the way to go.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Yea, I also just went through this. I ordered a frame from Canada and then over a month after I received it a customs bill showed up. In the fine print FedEx says they expedite shipments over receiving payments - trusting that people prefer to get their packages asap and deal with payments later.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
blargh, alright. It just seems weird to not even see the invoice attached to the account, regardless of charges. I guess I'll wait and see.