Quantcast

***Monderp GMT***

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Technically it's a 3 day work week, I'll be curious to see how much work actually gets done.

Chainsawed up a bunch of logs yesterday without liberating any of my noodley appendages.

Grandmother was taken from her home yesterday and admitted to the hospital for dehydration, weakness, and jaundice. Looks like she has spent her last days in that home as they are moving her to a facility from here to spend the rest of her days. Which, given the diminished liver/kidney function and the cancer may not be too many. She got a good 98 years so far out of that body, better than most of us can expect.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. 2 more days of school and then a much needed break! Took 70 of my kids to a local holiday parade to march and play holiday songs yesterday. They did a good job!!!! I also have Syd's Parent-Teacher conference today....apparently she's on the honor roll, but I won't know for sure until I get her report card. I won't be surprised...she is a good student. Benefit dinner tonight for our school secretary (diagnosed with cancer a couple of weeks ago). Then home to pack for turkey day!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Technically it's a 3 day work week, I'll be curious to see how much work actually gets done.

Chainsawed up a bunch of logs yesterday without liberating any of my noodley appendages.

Grandmother was taken from her home yesterday and admitted to the hospital for dehydration, weakness, and jaundice. Looks like she has spent her last days in that home as they are moving her to a facility from here to spend the rest of her days. Which, given the diminished liver/kidney function and the cancer may not be too many. She got a good 98 years so far out of that body, better than most of us can expect.
Hope your gram stays pain free and comfortable.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Yay for short weeks. I had fun chasing a dude down Rocky Point Rd yesterday, that was a fun run.

2014 Porsche 911 Turbo S

Max. Power 560 hp at 6500 - 6750 rpm
Acceleration 0 - 60 mph 2.9 sec
Top Track Speed 197 mph

Price from MSRP $ 182,700.00

Brand new with temp tag in the window. Couldn't shake me because there aren't any real straights on that road, it's all 20-30mph corners. It was awesome to watch that car in the corners, wow. I'm still not a huge Porsche fan, but damn that car is pretty bad ass.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Good Lord, someone dropped a nuclear turd in one of the restrooms and it's funking up the entire hallway and lobby. :dead: So fitting for a Monday morning.
Have some pride in your handiwork and take ownership!
Have you considered hospice? From seeing the final weeks of many peoples' lives I personally want to die in my old age as far away from a hospital and a hospital environment as possible.

I have the exciting story to report that I bought some new clothes. They're still all brands stocked at REI (and bought directly from REI whenever they had something in stock), mind you–I'm not going all frau frau on you all. I'm just trying to hide that I'm wearing hiking shirts a little better.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
bleh.
i haven't heard back from a client who is supposed to be reviewing a rough cut of mine but I haven't heard. Hopefully their mind is so blown then needed a few days to get used to the awesome-ness.

Im gonna attempt to wire a couple of USB ports in the adventure truck today...wish me luck!!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just ordered a pair of dashcams like Toshi's. Wifey doesn't understand the premise of why, but having detailed Toshi's pair of useages already, she seems more onboard, but still skeptical. She is very hesitant to add "new" technology that she doesn't see as needed.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Just ordered a pair of dashcams like Toshi's. Wifey doesn't understand the premise of why, but having detailed Toshi's pair of useages already, she seems more onboard, but still skeptical. She is very hesitant to add "new" technology that she doesn't see as needed.
Useful ≠ Needed.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I'd probably get the ///M running before buying stupid shit like that, but what do I know.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Approve. We're still waiting to hear back from babysitters regarding your email invite, btw, as hauling around the 7 month old would be quite the pain.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
why are dashcams worth it again?
what do you do will all that footage?
are you a russian cab driver?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
why are dashcams worth it again?
what do you do will all that footage?
are you a russian cab driver?
It's like a cheap insurance policy against other drivers making spurious claims against you. "Oh, you say I ran the red light? Let's have the police check my video against your word and see…"

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It's like a cheap insurance policy against other drivers making spurious claims against you. "Oh, you say I ran the red light? Let's have the police check my video against your word and see…"
FYI it can work the other way. I may be wrong but deleting said video if you are at fault could be deemed as tampering.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Approve. We're still waiting to hear back from babysitters regarding your email invite, btw, as hauling around the 7 month old would be quite the pain.
Of course. We'll have two sitters for the Mariko aged kids.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
That would require one to not drive like an asshat. ///Might be hard for ///Stoney.
I still have never been in an accident outside of my car getting hit twice while it was parked and I was nowhere near by.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
FYI it can work the other way. I may be wrong but deleting said video if you are at fault could be deemed as tampering.
You are indeed correct. Here's the relevant podcast that confirms that you are right:

http://oppositelock.kinja.com/the-legalities-of-dash-cams-the-podcast-1732600118

For me it's not an issue as I hew to the speed limit more than anyone except for the 5 mph-under presumed illegal immigrant crowd. (Pro tip: one only increases conspicuity with the police by driving too slow.)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Urgh wife hit the passenger side view mirror over the weekend. I was not happy and she was not wearing her glasses as she should and driving one of the always chaotic street in the dark. Not very smart.

Looking forward to some warm weather for the short week for some good riding while off work. We are also closing the offer on December 24th so not back to work before January 4th. I have to find out what to do with all that free time.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Urgh wife hit the passenger side view mirror over the weekend.
If you have BLIS system prepare to get raped for mirror replacement.
My mom ripped one off her Xc70 and it was pricey, though I don't remember how much exactly.
I'm paranoid about the mirrors on my truck, $1100/ea to replace.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
@dan-o I know they are crazy expensive but there is only a hole in the turn signal on the mirror so I will just keep driving it and hope it will not be a problem. I did try to tell the wife about the cost of repairs as it seemed like it had not registered completely.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
@dan-o I know they are crazy expensive but there is only a hole in the turn signal on the mirror so I will just keep driving it and hope it will not be a problem. I did try to tell the wife about the cost of repairs as it seemed like it had not registered completely.
Lucky, you should be able to replace just the signal lens then.
On mine you can put mirror at extreme angle and access signal lens clips with screwdriver through gap.
I wouldn't leave a hole (at a min some of that 'turn signal repair tape") as water will FUBAR the internals.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I'm paranoid about the mirrors on my truck, $1100/ea to replace.
fuck that shit.

remove mirrors...sell on ebay.

fabricate a mirror delete plate for each door then mount whatever cheap ass rear view mirrors you can find at autozone.