Quantcast

***Monday GMT***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Slackers.

:wave:
First day of school for the wife. Kids go back in two weeks, so it's just me and the woman child. Blood donation later today. 55 more to go.

*Sniped by Nick

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
reading story on cannondales new habit line......12,500 for top of the line...HA!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. Did my first Olympic tri yesterday. .63 mile swim, 30.5 mile bike, 7.2 mile run.

71st on the swim (ugh)
44th on the bike
10th on the run

Finished 28 overall and 3/5 in my age group. I was exhausted after that race. It took me 3:02:27. Podium and major award:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I worked Saturday and Sunday so my brain is somewhat fried. Academic morning today in which I plan to do little. There's a fellow candidate (as in for a year long fellowship, not as in some dude running for office) whom I shall interview but otherwise nothing's on my docket.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Someone offered me a Ducati 748 and an unspecified amount of cash for my S4 last night. :think:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Got back from vacation to find several giant motherfucking clusterfucks in my inbox. Expected to do about 3 days of work by the end of the day west coast time, then fly to portland for two weeks then Kentucky for another two. There is a slight chance I could quit today.

All of the clusterfucks due to other people not doing their jobs and expecting me to just pick up the slack.

In other news, Iceland has a lot of rocks that look like boners.

There are a corresponding number of stinky holes.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Academic morning today in which I plan to do little. There's a fellow candidate (as in for a year long fellowship, not as in some dude running for office) whom I shall interview but otherwise nothing's on my docket.
True to my promise I have done very little this morning. I added a few lines to a spreadsheet outlining the specs of an app I'm going to build… later. Next week? Next month? Whenever I get the motivation. I interviewed the candidate. I posted this and that to Google+. It was satisfying.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
chillin at da parents' place in maine. kids have been rock scramblin' and crab catchin' all day long. the 20* temp diff. and coastal breezes are a nice change from nc heat and humidity.

thinking about taking the boat over to monhegan on weds.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Just finished today's ride; spent half the time hobbling over fallen trees.

I guess that hour long lightning storm really did some damage last night.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
I'm back! Backpacking was amazing and much needed for teh mental health!
We hiked in to camp first night, then did Aasgard Pass (2000' of elevation gain in 3/4 mile--killer!) to get to the Enchantments. Amazing. Can I go back now?!
The Camp... in a boulder field. After I woke up to the sound of mountains breaking in half and rolling down the hill, we decided to find a new one the next morning!

Aasgard Pass:

The Reward:

The View from Camp

Just out for a stroll

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
There is almost nothing as disconcerting as a large rock-slide in the middle of the night when you're backpacking. I remember one that I SWORE was going to bury us...
Yeah. Had a redwood fall down a few hundred feet away. Just about isht myself and we were still at the fire.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Currently neither My brother or I are not allowed into Canada for reasons that don't seem to be fair. Our embassy cannot explain why? Very discouraging,
There is almost nothing as disconcerting as a large rock-slide in the middle of the night when you're backpacking. I remember one that I SWORE was going to bury us...
Yeah. Had a redwood fall down a few hundred feet away. Just about isht myself and we were still at the fire.
Let's talk trees. This 1,000 year old Cedar split and fell right where I was standing a couple years ago. I had never actually yelled "Run for your life!!!!!!" until this moment! Top left was the last pic taken of the tree, by me, resting the camera on that Big Cedar sign you can read there, then see smashed in the next shot!

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Tony runs the joint and provided me with an amazing Type O parody shirt he designed (he's friends with the band and probably knows every metal band that's looked at a map of Finland).

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Let's talk trees. This 1,000 year old Cedar split and fell right where I was standing a couple years ago. I had never actually yelled "Run for your life!!!!!!" until this moment! Top left was the last pic taken of the tree, by me, resting the camera on that Big Cedar sign you can read there, then see smashed in the next shot!

I don't really know anything about those kinds of trees. Because of that I can't really figure out whats going on in those pics.....