Quantcast

minnaar wins snowshoe

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
a couple photos and crap on my site (i know it's gay to hype my own site via ridemonkey...sorry, but i'm sitting at starbucks on the top of the mountain and want you guys to know the goods).

www.164productions.com (follow the crap on the right hand side).

word.
propers minnaar, kirkcaldie, ross, kintner...everyone. it was a rad weekend. see you in vermont.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
©2001 said:
a couple photos and crap on my site (i know it's gay to hype my own site via ridemonkey...sorry, but i'm sitting at starbucks on the top of the mountain and want you guys to know the goods).

www.164productions.com (follow the crap on the right hand side).

word.
propers minnaar, kirkcaldie, ross, kintner...everyone. it was a rad weekend. see you in vermont.

yeah minnar was sick durning qualifying i left shortly after to get home... :mad:

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
What is under kirkcaldie's number plate? Rubber strips?

Sanjay...I simply don't know what you say? New bike, muddy conditions and you still killed it! :thumb: Effin-A brotha...

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Acadian said:
What is under kirkcaldie's number plate? Rubber strips?

Sanjay...I simply don't know what you say? New bike, muddy conditions and you still killed it! :thumb: Effin-A brotha...
Yeah, I saw him ripping it in the mud.
I kept seeing him during expert pratice and I was like WTF?
He better not be in 25-29. :nope: :)
I did not get a chance to talk to him or hardly anybody else.
If I was not on course, I was cleaning 50 pounds of mud off my bike
all week. Ah, the treasure that is Snowshoe. :devil:

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Radness for Bryn...err Bryan (his evil twin :devil:??)

Also how about Dawn Bourque in 5th in the women? Old school New England DH representing!!

-ska todd

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
Jeremy R said:
Yeah, I saw him ripping it in the mud.
I kept seeing him during expert pratice and I was like WTF?
He better not be in 25-29. :nope: :)
I did not get a chance to talk to him or hardly anybody else.
If I was not on course, I was cleaning 50 pounds of mud off my bike
all week. Ah, the treasure that is Snowshoe. :devil:

JR,
Man that was the worst conditions I have ever seen in a Dh race and you made it look easy. I had plenty of time to observe your mad mud steez from my mud-hole on the side of the trail. Keep it up!

BR.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
spoke80 said:
JR,
Man that was the worst conditions I have ever seen in a Dh race and you made it look easy. I had plenty of time to observe your mad mud steez from my mud-hole on the side of the trail. Keep it up!

BR.
Thanks Ben,
I was riding angry. I have been pizzed off at that mountain since last year,
when I slid all the way down it on my azz. I left last year feeling utterly defeated.
The coolest part of the race was hearing the guys that I caught yell for me.
I had 3 different people telling me to rip it and hold on. What other sport does your competition yell for you in right in the middle of it? Thanks again man, and I know how fast you can ride. You'll rip it up at the next one.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Who's this "sanjay" guy?

He ought to close his mouth in all that mud.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
COuple notes:

During my practice, Minnarr was messing with my head. I followed him down on 2 runs and he was just cruising. I kept expecting him to disappear but he just kept casing things.

JeremyR got 2nd in Expert 25-29 (SEI RACING pimp!)...and Bloch got 8th Semi-Pro (SEI RACING PLAYAH!)

I personally hated the course even though I love mud and love riding challenging stuff. The flat middle section just ticked me off to no end. And it didn't help that I was fat and out of shape (nobody's fault but mine)

As for Sanjay...I saw him come across the line...he coasted across! and he still beat the field by TEN WHOLE SECONDS!!!

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
JR,
Snowshoe has played me out two years straight! I am stoked that almost everyone I race with killed that crack licking course! Good luck at Mt. Snow I'll be rooting for you and the SEI team!

Props to Butch, Bloch, and Herndon!

out,
B

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
MikeD said:
Who's this "sanjay" guy?

He ought to close his mouth in all that mud.
I saw him dropping down the end of the course on that new .nedible of his, awesome rider!!!!
Didn't catch him in time to get pics of him riding but got a couple of his muddy .nedible bike :D

Sanjay ripped across the big log drop during practice while I was wrapped around a sapling on the other side, he somehow managed to keep momentum through a foot of West Virginia peanut butter.

Spoke80 how did your run go? Im the guy who is always around on the black AS-X and Yeti camo jersey.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
caboverpete said:
Sanjay ripped across the big log drop during practice while I was wrapped around a sapling on the other side, he somehow managed to keep momentum through a foot of West Virginia peanut butter.

Spoke80 how did your run go? Im the guy who is always around on the black AS-X and Yeti camo jersey.
What up! I gambled a bit to much and I crashed pretty good. I blew through a switchback after the long pedaling section and after that I got behind a bunch of traffic. I think my time was 10 min and I placed 29th. I guess the conservative approach was the way to go.

holla,
B

spoke80 said:
What up! I gambled a bit to much and I crashed pretty good. I blew through a switchback after the long pedaling section and after that I got behind a bunch of traffic. I think my time was 10 min and I placed 29th. I guess the conservative approach was the way to go.

holla,
B
I took the conservative approach and my time was the same, around 10 minutes. At one point my bike was literally stuck in the mud.

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
Mud,mud,mud,mud and more mud.....ain't Snowshoe great!Props to Jeremy for his 2nd. Profro had a great run and Sanjay for just killin' it.As muddy as it was I still had a great time.Oh well,time to go wash on the bike some more.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Transcend said:
Wv had the most mud ever served on a downhill course. I will have full pics up this afternoon as well. The monster cross was epic however. HUGE
You know...for having the most elevation drop in a 100 yard distance, it sure had the longest....flattest....rockiest, root infested, peanut butter covered flat section I have ever ridden. The only thing that compared to that flat section was Helen, GA in 1995. I guess I'm just bitter because I forgot how to pedal a bike. Every year that it rains there....it always makes sure to dry up real stiff and boggish right before my race run. I'd lvoe for it to actually just rain during my run. :love:

Fraser...man, I looked for you at your bubble but had my wife & daughter with me. The only person I ever saw outside your place looked like Grisley Adams.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
All and all it was a very disappointing course. It might have been pretty cool IF it were dry, but how often is WV dry during a National? They really should move the race away from what is a great venue, or move it to a drier month, or build a DH trail that ressembles a trail. To me it looked like the just raked the leaves out of the way....at best. :rolleyes: The log drop was the stupidest thing I have ever seen. I was hitting it until Saturday afternoon's practice until the rut was so deep that my pedals were dragging on the face of the ramp. EXTREMELY poorly built and laid out.

On a personal note I placed well in the Expert class, but it was not a race, but a war of attrition just like Transcend said. I should have been in better shape to pedal a 60 pound mud covered DH bike around in 6" deep peanut butter. :rolleyes:

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
profro said:
All and all it was a very disappointing course. It might have been pretty cool IF it were dry, but how often is WV dry during a National? They really should move the race away from what is a great venue, or move it to a drier month, or build a DH trail that ressembles a trail. To me it looked like the just raked the leaves out of the way....at best. :rolleyes: The log drop was the stupidest thing I have ever seen. I was hitting it until Saturday afternoon's practice until the rut was so deep that my pedals were dragging on the face of the ramp. EXTREMELY poorly built and laid out.

On a personal note I placed well in the Expert class, but it was not a race, but a war of attrition just like Transcend said. I should have been in better shape to pedal a 60 pound mud covered DH bike around in 6" deep peanut butter. :rolleyes:

I'm soooo glad i race sport. Just looking at that course i had no desire to ride it.Props for your finish tho :thumb: .I don't mind riding in mud but that was ....well like you put it,peanut butter.Spent two hours this morning gettin all the "peanut butter" out of all the nooks and cranny's of my bike :mumble:

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
the course? the organizers? the whole event in general?

i am still speechless (interprut however you wish)

tammy

spyderzmom
Oct 10, 2001
lost
Sanjay is awesome!!! Meeting him was one of the highlights of my weekend. ;)

By the way, Frasier, I think I was sitting on that big rock behind you during the pro men DH Finals?

Attachments

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
I dispute the argument that it was a bad course! No way was it a bad course. Until you've ridden the old one (considered one of the best in the country) in the same peanut butter, you don't understand. Any course is miserable when the mud starts to dry like that.

I wasn't the slightest bit worried about "groomed" trail. I wanted to complain on my first run down about the steeps....until I saw a few pros hit the sections and realized I was taking the wrong line and not riding it right. My complaint was on me and my OWN LACK of FITNESS. :) The flat section in the middle was murder on my out of shape butt. But that is all on me, not the course designer. Try riding any pre-1996 DH course, then tell me if that course sucked. "BRRRRRAAAAAAPPPPPPP"

Remember....we've got multiple gears for a reason....because you have to pedal a bike to make it go.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
the course was terrible, mud or no mud it was pretty dissappointing. in the 10 years i've been racing only the helen, georgia dh was worse. probably a good thing it rained, other wise it would have been boring.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
General Lee said:
the course was terrible, mud or no mud it was pretty dissappointing. in the 10 years i've been racing only the helen, georgia dh was worse. probably a good thing it rained, other wise it would have been boring.

your insane :nuts:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
I totally got into the flow of the course on the 1st day of practice on about my 3rd run. It ws super fun at that point...but the guys that run the race cannot control the rain. If the rain had held off, it would have been wholesale fun except the flat section.

If you think that course was tough...watch Earthed and see that 100 yard section of open ski bank that every rider on the planet eats it on....now that's muddy!!!!

Rain can make the simplest course tough. Heck the old one was murder 2 out of the 3 years it was there....you just have to have it in your head that you're there to ride your bike.

Like JeremyR said...he was standing in the start gate and just saw looks of defeat on everybody's faces. They ahd already given up before they started.....

Steve Peat said it best "...I'mnot afraid of the mud..."

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Think about this.

The end of the pro/expert course... I have yet to hear anyone comeplain about this part aside from the nice 6 foot drop to flat. Why do you think that is? Because it was an established trail that held up relatively well in the rain. Yes it was slippery and yes it was muddy, but it was super fast and fun compared to the new sections of the trail that had just been cut. The course that was used this year could have been super fun, but it was so new and poorly built that under the wet conditions it suffered. Overall Snowshoe got a grade F from me due to poor planning and trail building.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
profro said:
Think about this.

The end of the pro/expert course... I have yet to hear anyone comeplain about this part aside from the nice 6 foot drop to flat. Why do you think that is? Because it was an established trail that held up relatively well in the rain. Yes it was slippery and yes it was muddy, but it was super fast and fun compared to the new sections of the trail that had just been cut. The course that was used this year could have been super fun, but it was so new and poorly built that under the wet conditions it suffered. Overall Snowshoe got a grade F from me due to poor planning and trail building.
I have to agree with profro. It is just not acceptable to use a newly cut course at a national race, especially when they KNOW it is going to rain at some point. (every local there said, of course it is going to rain, it is rainy season).

The flat section in the middle was lame. Mud or not, it was going to be a flat run through the woods...

Oh and about that rock at the finish..if you hit it right, going around seemed faster from what i saw. Landing that sucker just sapped way too much momentum.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
dante said:
Wow, looks like Lazlo is announcing Snowshoe now?? :D

dante
If I hear "Brian" one more time, I'm gonna hurrle. Lazlo, all the announcers at Snowshoe, USACycling...

The Snowshoe announcers were damn near illiterate. They kept saying "Dawn Berk" during the womens DH. Is "Bourque" really such an unusual name?

Dawn is rad. She's been racing pro XC, DH, DS, and 4x in New Englad for over a decade. Qualified 3rd at Snowshoe, finished 5th. I won't say what her racing age is, but next year she'll qualify to race Expert on the sport course.

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
it was muddy, the course was sketchy in some parts, but what matters more than that is i still had tonso fun. good weekend peoples, thanks