Quantcast

Maxxis Larsen TT 2.35

gmac

Monkey
Apr 6, 2002
I searched these tires w/ not much of a result.

Anyone ride them ? Seem like a nice trail tire.

They got a great review in DirtRag too. They Ttested a 2.35 Single Ply w/ Sticky compound.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
ssaddict said:
Fast, light, good for hardpack, not a great climber or corner in loose conditions.
What he said.

I had one on the back of my DS bike...railed at places like Sand Hill where the berms are hard pack.

not sure about climbing tho since I never used them for that.

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
One of the best all around trail tires you'll find as far as feel and predictability. You can feel when they're about to break loose, which for me is much better than some of these treads that seem to be hooking up and then all of a sudden just break loose. They climb really well at lower pressure and when they're new, but they do wear fast.

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
Mabey i wanna buy them to, in the nearby future. I;ve heard from a mate from me, that he uses the Larsen 26x 2.0 exception series. He liked them sofar. For the use on dry and little bit muddy ds track. Those are supertacky to. According to him.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
El Jefe said:
One of the best all around trail tires you'll find as far as feel and predictability. You can feel when they're about to break loose, which for me is much better than some of these treads that seem to be hooking up and then all of a sudden just break loose. They climb really well at lower pressure and when they're new, but they do wear fast.

I run the 2.0 UST version in the rear and my results are similar, except I do not have a problem climbing with them. I live in South Florida where there is no real climbing but we do have short steep ups and downs littered with roots and rock. They are fast and grip well accelerating and braking in tacky, wet, dry and even loose conditions. When things get a little dry, or loose over hard conditions they have a tendency to break loose when you push them laterally. However as mentioned below it is pretty predictable.

They do wear a little quicker than most other tires I have had but not that considerably, that it is a big issue.

I like them :eek:

Colin

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
in my tiny apartment
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
I run the 2.0 UST version in the rear and my results are similar, except I do not have a problem climbing with them. I live in South Florida where there is no real climbing but we do have short steep ups and downs littered with roots and rock. They are fast and grip well accelerating and braking in tacky, wet, dry and even loose conditions. When things get a little dry, or loose over hard conditions they have a tendency to break loose when you push them laterally. However as mentioned below it is pretty predictable.

They do wear a little quicker than most other tires I have had but not that considerably, that it is a big issue.

I like them :eek:
I was meaning to ask you what tires you usually run down here. Should have the singlespeed finished soon and right now have a set of Hot S 2.1s.