Quantcast

Lost my best buddy today....

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Grizzly1.jpg

22 years old. Had him since he was a kitten. I miss him a lot. He was good friend and I am grateful all the time we had together. Bye my friend.

Jim

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Wow. He must have had the kidneys of a non-cat, or, you were also a veterinarian on the sly. Which wouldn't really surprise me at this point.

Bummer.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Wow. He must have had the kidneys of a non-cat, or, you were also a veterinarian on the sly. Which wouldn't really surprise me at this point.

Bummer.
His first teeth never came out and rotted and he had Renal failure. Burmese are not known for longevity either. I think I was just blessed. If it is any consolation his sister died of Kidney failure and had a normal lifespan.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Grizzly with a G. Old skool killer.
Yup, yup, OG kitty.

We had a family cat that lived to be almost 18. He too was a walking black rain of death. The king of three neighborhoods. Got caught in a garage door, hit by a car, had to have part of his tail surgically removed from fighting. Ears on him looked like a serrated bread knife. Lived through all that but in the end it was Feline Diabetes that got him.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Tough news JD, ol'Grizz sounded like a kick ass kitty.

I picked this bastard up in a parking lot about 10 years ago, and he's recently been awarded the "brother" title by my daughter...going to be a super bad day when goes off to glory for the whole family.

Consoling vibes to you.

*EDIT - after reading Angrymetalsmith's cat story, I'm beginning to think there's something about black cats being hardcore, pipe swinging ninjas. I ended up naming mine after 'Jules' from Pulp Fiction, because he laid down the law in my neighborhood and has ruled with an iron paw ever since. Dude walks straight the hell up to dogs, regardless of size or demeanor. And yes, I really do have a leather collar for him that has "bad mother fucker" engraved on it.

Last edited:

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Man that sucks. Cats are awesome. I know it will be hard for me when that day comes. Our cat now is the first animal my wife and I got together.