Quantcast

Looks like Mavic is comming out with a new UST DH rim for 05.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Just got off the phone with Mavic, to get an RA# for my damaged rim, they are currently out of stock on EX823's and don't know if they will be getting anymore in until the new UST rims arrive for 05, I don't know when that will be. From my guess they are aware of all the issues the current 823 rims are having and Mavic seems to be making changes, we'll have to wait & see. As far as what they look like and the specs, your guess is as good as mine. Just thought I'd pass on this little bit of info I just got.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Joe Pozer said:
They are going to be the best rims ever! mullet:devil:
hahah...good one.

Might be a while before I get my replacement rims then? As far as I know, I had heard about a new revision of the rim being tested - but wasn't any better. :(

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Acadian said:
hahah...good one.

Might be a while before I get my replacement rims then? As far as I know, I had heard about a new revision of the rim being tested - but wasn't any better. :(
The guys at Michelin were saying the very few Pros who were on them had great things to say about them. They told me at Snowshoe that were way stonger and holding up. These are the same pros who quit using
823's for the same reason as us. I'll hold out hope on them, simply because of how convenient they are.

DH Dad

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
MA
Yeah, I heard it's the old 321 with a Stans strip per-installed!!!

That's the most bombproof tubeless setup I've tried to date. Hope my 823 rims hold up for me.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
That is what they should have done, made a D321 tubeless and call it a day. Nooooo.....though they make a narrower rim tubeless

I remember the yellow D-maxx's being D321's. Then they switched to narrower rims and I think that's when I didn't go for a set. Hopefully they learn from their mistake and realize that a tubeless D321 will sell like hotcakes because they are proven rims, and to make them tubeless is just all the better.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Spunger said:
That is what they should have done, made a D321 tubeless and call it a day. Nooooo.....though they make a narrower rim tubeless

I remember the yellow D-maxx's being D321's. Then they switched to narrower rims and I think that's when I didn't go for a set. Hopefully they learn from their mistake and realize that a tubeless D321 will sell like hotcakes because they are proven rims, and to make them tubeless is just all the better.
I totally agree

Yeti DHer

I post here but I'm still better than you
Sep 7, 2001
The Foothills
Acadian said:
yes I did :dead:

dude get your bike and lets RIDE!!!! :thumb:

any news on the Yeti?

Man, I want to ride so bad... Everyday during work I see so many bikes going up to northstar that I just want to cry... :mumble: Oh well... I've waited since october, I can wait a couple more weeks...

No word from yeti, they said they were going to replace it, but I don't know if it's been shipped yet.

Although, when it comes in, I feel a sick day coming on... Probably a friday too... :cool:

xc skier

Chimp
Apr 6, 2004
Jeremy R said:
The guys at Michelin were saying the very few Pros who were on them had great things to say about them. They told me at Snowshoe that were way stonger and holding up. These are the same pros who quit using
823's for the same reason as us. I'll hold out hope on them, simply because of how convenient they are.
My friend has had them a couple of months and they're still holding up

crashing_sux

Monkey
Jul 17, 2002
Vancouver, WA
I'm in the market for some strong UST rims. Any idea when the new Mavics are due out (hopefully long before 05) or are there any strong alternatives available now? I care more about strength than weight.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
crashing_sux said:
I'm in the market for some strong UST rims. Any idea when the new Mavics are due out (hopefully long before 05) or are there any strong alternatives available now? I care more about strength than weight.
Arrow had a UST rim on display at Interbike. But I don't know if it's been released yet?