Quantcast

Looking for ride advice

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I just moved out to the PacNorthwest in Langley, British Columbia, and I'm wondering if anybody on these boards has any advice for good places to go ride. I'm going to be here for a year, so I'm hoping to get a nice sampling of some fun trails, but sadly I don't know anybody in the area for a tour guide.

My list of places that I'd like to go ride are: Whistler (haven't been there ever), I hear Squamish is fun so I'd like to check that out, I would like to make a trip over to do the Northshore, and maybe even a few day trips down to the states for Bellingham.

Anybody in the area have any advice? I know, I know, google search, but I figured since there are some monkies in the area it might be nice to hook up with some of them for some riding. I'm looking for both DH stuff and trail stuff (and preferably stuff that is nearby and relatively "mellow" for trails so I can get some more casual afternoon rides in by myself and not have to worry about getting injured by myself. Doesn't have to be flat, but I'm not looking to do 20 foot dubs and 10 foot drops as I know people in this area like to do on their trail bikes.). I'm also not looking to snipe your sweet illegal trails that are top secret, I just want to get a fun sample of the area while I'm here for a year. Will provide beer in exchange for a tour guide.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
There's some awesome stuff in Bellingham. I'm game to play tour guide sometime.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Thanks for the heads up on woodlot minor, are bear mountain and red mountain and bear mountain worth going to? they're about the same distance.

HAB I may just take you up on that, still settling into the new house, but I'd love to make that happen soon.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Sure thing, let me know. There's great riding in the Seattle area too, if you ever make it down here.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
You could easily spend a year exploring Vancouver, Squamish, Whistler, and the Chilcotins. That said, I'm just back from a 10 day riding trip in Oregon. The riding in Oakridge is world class. A bit of a drive from BC but I highly recommend it to anyone.

(We also rode around Portland at Post Canyon and Sandy Ridge, as well as a couple days in Ashland. All great stuff but I'm telling ya, that stuff in Oakridge is friggin ridiculously good.)