Quantcast

Looking for a trenduro/expedition backpack

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Hi fellow RMes. I'm in the market to replace (and possibly upgrade) my almost destroyed Camelbak Blowfish. I'm looking for a 30-35 liter riding backpack with a dedicated pocket for a 2-3 liter hydration bladder. I use to do some 2-3 day rides with a group of buddies, and even when packing just the absolutely necessary, the current offspring of endurable backpacks and fanny packs seem to be too small to suit my needs.

Does anyone have any good recommendations to throw in?

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009
All the cool kids were buying evoc, so thats what I did too.
Good quality gear and well thought out hydration systems

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
evoc would be my suggestion here also.

I had one of the larger osprey packs, while it was sufficient for hiking/day trips, it was not sufficient for biking, it just didn't have the stability

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I also say go evoc. They are so comfortable I wish they made condoms. Best backpack I owned. Very light, good weight distribution.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I love my Evoc and the built-in spine protection is a bonus with my trashed lower back.

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
You might check the BCA stash packs. Technically ski/board packs, but designed for active use with weight on your back.

They have 2L water sleeves, 30 and 35L models, are only $100 new a decade ago and sold millions of them with different colors etc. I would have to think that a close out, eBay, Amazon something would be super easy to find cheap.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
resident backpack expert here, his ridemonkey handle is I Are Baboon ... send him all of your questions via PM and I bet he'll be able to help you out! :thumb:
Thanks for the shout out but I think you have me confused with someone else? I quite literally know nothing about backpacks. I have a 12 year old CamelBak Hawg that I use and it's holding up like a champ.

slimshady, good luck with your search!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Thanks for the shout out but I think you have me confused with someone else? I quite literally know nothing about backpacks. I have a 12 year old CamelBak Hawg that I use and it's holding up like a champ.

slimshady, good luck with your search!

He should PM jimmydean, his the resident expert on backpacks, and anal warts.

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009
resident backpack expert here, his ridemonkey handle is I Are Baboon ... send him all of your questions via PM and I bet he'll be able to help you out! :thumb:
We are from the same cartoon series, he knows nothing I don't know.. roFl :p