Quantcast

Lolsworth

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
what...so the designers got all tired out with bringing the front half into the 21st century that they forgot to finish the rear? . . . (and the head tube angle, apparently) . . .

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
I love how you guys are always bagging on an innovative company that brought us the following, umm, "innovations":

* ICT and zero (fvcking nada!) energy loss suspension
* Rare earth carbon (versus the more common version which seems to be everywhere)
* Force Vector Anisotropic Design™ (whatever the hell that is)
* HD, High Pressure molding technique (thats right, their frames come in High Definition, 1080p)
* Anisotropic Geometric Lay Up design o_O
* The 2.8 pound frame is rugged and designed to take the beating of constant off road situations

Let me know when other companies start offering that kind of assotropical technology.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Did they just take the original geometry, convert it to 650b and make it carbon?! That's what makes any bike cool now, right?:banana:

yd35

Monkey
Oct 28, 2008
NY
Does this beast still have "ICT" suspension? Now that FSR's patent is kaput, can't Ellsworth just drop the whole charade?

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
in other back from the dead news, not only is Risse still making suspension, they apparently are releasing a fat bike fork.
ha, i almost sh!t my pants when i saw them at interebike. i think the fat fork was just a trixxxy with wider crowns.

Gallain

Monkey
Dec 28, 2001
Sweden
That's exactly what I thought yesterday when I saw PricePoint was having a sale on Ellsworth frames...

Not just this frame either, literally every frame they have has too steep of a head angle.
That's exactly what I thought yesterday when I saw PricePoint was having a sale on Ellsworth frames...

Not just this frame either, literally every frame they have has too steep of a head angle.
63-degree headtube, 14-inch bb and 17.5-inch chainstay is quite modern in all fairness.

Still don't understand why on earth you would buy another fork, shock and put a front mech on it..

Front mechs are so 2006...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
so if we slapped some mountain bike wheels (26" for you roadies), that'll should put the BB height down to a place where you won't die from the bends

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
63-degree headtube, 14-inch bb and 17.5-inch chainstay is quite modern in all fairness.

Still don't understand why on earth you would buy another fork, shock and put a front mech on it..

If those geo numbers are in reference to this thing:

Color me incredulous, as that doesn't look like a 63* HA and it also appears taller than 14". Obviously just e-estimating, but this is 63* and a scoosh under 14"

Regardless, I hope they get Super T out of retirement so he can huckulate the gnar on that beauty...

Btw, now that Trek and Kona have changed up their aesthetics considerably over the last few years, can Ellesworth now confidently claim the "Biggest Fvcking Rocker Arm" title?

Last edited:

JustMtnB44

Monkey
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA

Those numbers are, but the bike in the picture does not appear to fit that geometry, and looking at the other bikes on their website, most have a 68 deg head angle...including the AM and Enduro models.

I didn't understand the next part about buying another fork and shock until I read the article you posted. More lolz:
Rather than using the more common 150 or 157mm axle standard for a DH bike, the new dare uses a 142×12, which will make it more pedal friendly when built up as a 6 or 7″ bike.

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
Mmmm, memories...

Bonus points for anyone who can ID this movie

Btw, I had no idea they apparently made a DH bike fairly recently (circa 2012) -
^^ Forgot about that movie..cant remember the name

even dangerous dan "upgraded" from his dare..

I really should upload North Shore Xtreme Vol 1-10 to youtube...its hilarious