Quantcast

List of ALL Lift and Shuttle Served DH Spots

eabos

Chimp
May 13, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
I like the idea here but just a couple of suggestions.

Bootleg Canyon is 150 miles off and in the wrong state. Bootleg Canyon is in Boulder City, Nevada which is just east of Las Vegas

Pajarito Mountain is an AWESOME bike park located Los Alamos, NM

jutny

Monkey
Jan 15, 2009
Montclair, NJ
I like the idea here but just a couple of suggestions.

Bootleg Canyon is 150 miles off and in the wrong state. Bootleg Canyon is in Boulder City, Nevada which is just east of Las Vegas

Pajarito Mountain is an AWESOME bike park located Los Alamos, NM
quite a while ago I made the map public, so people could make their own modifications as I got too busy with work at the time to do it myself.

so you should be able to edit the locations if you know they're wrong :weee:

adumesny

Chimp
Oct 18, 2010
This is great and wish there were more entry/data. Good idea to make it public!

I just fixed NorthStar@Tahoe location (near but not actually in truckee) & added info/website. Added 2 other lift places in Tahoe (Kirkwood and Squaw). Added 1 in France I was at this summer (seems like every little ski area has DH chairlift there though)

Looks like the east coast has a bunch more than west. darn...

Last edited:

DhDork

Monkey
Mar 30, 2007
Hell, AZ
Added South Mountain Short Bus Shuttles, removed Tamarack Ski Resort since as of now they are no longer open for business, added Brundage Ski Resort and Parajito Mtn in NM.

sodpoodle

Chimp
Jul 15, 2008
Rexburg, Idaho
Someone smarter than me should add Grand Targhee resort in Alta, WY.. I heard Jackson Hole Mountain Resort in WY does lift served in the summer but I can't confirm that.

10rubkaz

Chimp
Feb 16, 2010
Queenstown in New Zealand opened today, sweet trails and dusty as. Hopefully more trails will be added soon if it does well.

E_braker

Chimp
Mar 30, 2008
Someone smarter than me should add Grand Targhee resort in Alta, WY.. I heard Jackson Hole Mountain Resort in WY does lift served in the summer but I can't confirm that.
Confirmation, JACKSON HOLE = YES.

ADD:
Pomerelle (Albion, ID) Small resort, Call for date and times open

mtnbiker49

Monkey
Jul 12, 2009
Milford, PA
Nope. Check out the thread on the mtbnj.com-->gravity rules. They want to devote all of their work to building the waterpark to compete with Mt Creek.

Adrnln Jnke

Chimp
Sep 2, 2010
Over here in South Korea we have Jisan (G-san) Resort.

28-1 Majang-myeon Haewol-ri, Icheon-si, Gyeonggi-do
South Korea

A

Asafus

First one is Next to the city of Maribor, a mountain name Pohorje.
the DH world cup goes through there.

also another one next to a small town named: Kranjska Gora, also there's lifts and trails over there.

p.s.
this is a great idea, gather all the information for the riders to use when they are in a new place... great!!! :)

ludovic

Chimp
Aug 5, 2008
Nice work!
Timberline Resort (WV) now has a set schedule. They will be open every single weekend and all major Holidays - during the warmer months of course, because with 200+ inches of snow, they obvisouly will be open every single day for telemark, snowboarding and yes: fast alpine skiing too.
Cheers!

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
First one is Next to the city of Maribor, a mountain name Pohorje.
the DH world cup goes through there.

also another one next to a small town named: Kranjska Gora, also there's lifts and trails over there.

p.s.
this is a great idea, gather all the information for the riders to use when they are in a new place... great!!! :)
placemarks in googlemaps added!

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
The US Northeast has a lot of misleading info on the map. Mountains that are no longer open for riding and/or have a single DH race per year... none of this is helpful if you are planning a trip.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
Also, is it just my web browser or is Masanutten located on Bermuda and Attitash in the open Atlantic somewhere south of Halifax?

jutny

Monkey
Jan 15, 2009
Montclair, NJ
The US Northeast has a lot of misleading info on the map. Mountains that are no longer open for riding and/or have a single DH race per year... none of this is helpful if you are planning a trip.
I no longer maintain this list, as it got big very quickly and I don't have the free time to dedicate to doing it right.

I made the list public a long time ago, so please feel free to correct things, add notes, change locations and add your own input :thumb:

I love to see how much has been added here, and with constant editing by the riding population, should stay relatively up to date.

thank you in advance to all that have added.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
OK, well I will see if I can add a new flag for "holds DH races occasionally" and separate those mountains off with a new graphic.

And I will do some other general clean-up.

TY jutny

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
Burke is adding a high speed quad to the summit. Not sure if that means the upper mountain trails will be lift served or not yet.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Just rode the gondola in Ben Lomond Forest in Queenstown, NZ. The lift is about five minutes and has some awesome trails. It is literally on the edge of town. I added it to the map, but don't know how to make it a cool little bicycle.

dascorer

Chimp
Nov 9, 2010
Montreal
Something like what you guys are after is here...
www.worldbikeparks.com
Anyone got any thoughts as to why a bike park the size and standard of Whistler has not established itself in Europe? Many pretenders to the throne but nothing on that scale despite a larger population of riders within the geographical area. Why do we still need to fly to Canada to get facilities that are so good!?
On this topic, check the latest blog post from WorldBikeParks...
http://blog.worldbikeparks.com/2012/08/18/epic-potential-of-bike-parks/
And check the website to see just how many bike parks are popping up. So surely it's just a matter of time...?