Quantcast

Leogang or Schladming Bike park for one day?

RaID

Turbo Monkey
Ive got one day to go riding while I'm in Munich so have a choice to pop over to either Leogang Bike Park or Schladming Planai Bike park?

Which is one is better? Im looking for flowy and fun downhill runs. Where do you have more variety of trails?

Which one would you go to?

If you've been to both which one did you like better

A few weekends ago i checked out Les Gets and Morzine which had great trails and good variety, so looking for similar trails to there if anyone has been there as well.

Cheers for your help.

firevsh2o

Chimp
Feb 12, 2003
I would go to Leogang. They have more line-variations there and it is a bit nearer to Munich. At the other side of the Leogang bikepark is Saalbach. They have really nice lines there and a nice long downhill called the "X-Line". You could do all in one day with a bit of pedaling included.

Schladming is basically one - good! - downhill.

Aug 4, 2008
I would argue that Schladming has more variety but in one big track.

I would always prefer to go to Schladming over Leogang if the choice was exclusive.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
Never been to Schladming but went to Leogang last year and it was great. Serious workout if you go up to the top and ride the berms cut into the trail. I loved it.

I've got some coworkers who have been going to Schladming (20 minutes from work) and they've been loving it. Less trail variety and my understanding is it's a bit more technical (one of my friends says it would kick my ass, but I'm also not strong technically).

Based on my limited knowledge, if you are technically advanced and dig gnarly terrain, Schladming is the choice. But if you want something maybe a bit more relaxed, Leogang is the way to go. I enjoyed it and the World Cup course (which I didn't ride) has plenty of challenge.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Schladming dh track is one of the 2 best downhill tracks in my opinion (the other is Maribor). It is awesome, fast and rough but there also is a new freeride track there. They built it this year if I remember right. Not really seen it though.

On the other hand Leo is really like half of a dh track but the flowy bermy tracks are really fun and well made.

It depends on what you want. DH, rough, fast and tech - Schlad. Berms, jumps - Leo.

livanh

Chimp
Jun 17, 2011
Schladming is a damn awesome dh track. but it is more or less just one long track.
leogang has more variety but the dh track cant touch schladming.

fritzchris

Chimp
Jun 13, 2011
Hi

Here is a video of me riding The Downhilltrack in Schladming Schladming Downhill.
Maybe it makes the decision easier when you see a video of the track.
The Video is just from the middle Station to the bottom, so the whole track is twice as long.
On youtube you also find many videos of Leogang

regards Chris

Santa Maria

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Austria
Thanks guys, Im more into good DH tracks sounds like Schladming will be right up my alley.
Rode Schladming yesterday first time this year and it i fun as always.
As has been said Schladming has one DH Track and one so called Flow Line. But the travel is only worth it for the DH Track.

RaID

Turbo Monkey
Had a great day Schladming, the DH track was awesome, and the couple other tracks were fun as well such as Flow Line. Actually all the tracks flowed really well and changing the different lines made for great variety.

Thanks for the tips.