Quantcast

>>Last derpoweek gmt<<

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

It's finally Friday! I have absolutely nothing planned for this weekend... and I'm perfectly ok with that.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Happy Friday ya'll.

Today is looking to be the busiest and longest day of the week, figures.

Have to remember to put the beer in the fridge before I leave for work...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I have a course all morning. About the history of treaty making in Canada. Sounds dull, but the guy giving it is the Official Historian of the Department of Indian Affairs, and gives really enganging presentations. I'm looking forward to it.

Had a great ski last night, followed by good food, beer and company at the pub, and a good nights sleep.

Meeting someone this afternoon to discuss job prospects.

Happy it's Friday. Have a good weekend y'all.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I have a course all morning. About the history of treaty making in Canada. Sounds dull, but the guy giving it is the Official Historian of the Department of Indian Affairs, and gives really enganging presentations. I'm looking forward to it.

Had a great ski last night, followed by good food, beer and company at the pub, and a good nights sleep.

Meeting someone this afternoon to discuss job prospects.

Happy it's Friday. Have a good weekend y'all.
all of canada? or jsut the french part? because the french part would be quick....

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Was definitely late for work today. Got 5 minutes down the road, when all of a sudden my morning coffee drop kicked me right in the sphincter. There was no stopping that tidal wave.

Had no choice but to race home, but I made it safely.

Now time for more coffee.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Was definitely late for work today. Got 5 minutes down the road, when all of a sudden my morning coffee drop kicked me right in the sphincter. There was no stopping that tidal wave.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Atta boy. Get right back on that horse.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Ugh, back @0100 this morning. Have to be back in at 10. Praise the FSM that Halon is relatively safe, or we could have been in deep poop yesterday. :panic: :rofl:

Meeting with senior management today.

I suspect I may say some things that they don't like.
Let me be the first to congratulate you on being newly unemployed!

Last edited:

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
well my day went to hell pretty quick . I got into the office this morning and found out my bosses from LA are out here. maybe they'll finally get around to firing me today so I can do something useful with my life :thumb:.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Meeting with senior management today.

I suspect I may say some things that they don't like.
Best of luck. Yesterday, I had to explain to my boss that one of my peers is a incompetent ambitious pretender who repeatedly makes wrong decisions and assumptions. Unfortunately, my boss is very fond of him. My boat cannot be any more shakey though and I am quite difficult to replace in the next couple of months, but one day, I'll be punished for my honesty, I am sure. :mad:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. I rode in. It was chilly out but was ok with proper riding clothes. The big patches of ice in the north-facing shadows of houses on the streets were the bigger issue, but I just rode around them.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
7 years is a long time not to have your OEM headset checked out. I hate telling people that the rot from your headset or BB has infected your frame so bad that it is not safe to ride anymore. Phack....

You never get paid for the terminally broken bikes....

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys,

I got an email from a recruiter asking for an ex co workers info. She said there was a big layoff and she wanted to place the folks leaving. So I hit him up on facebook and he was part of the layoff. Sucks, but the market is so crazy hot right now he won't be out of work long. But it does come down to choices, which I guess isn't a bad thing, but I find 2 or 3 really good spots and end up having to pick one. Then if it sucks, you immediately start wondering if you should have picked the other one. :panic:

Either way, it beats the hell out of driving a tow truck, that's for sure. :rofl:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Atta boy. Get right back on that horse.
Can't let a minor obstacle stop you like that!

Though, its interesting how you make-do in situations like that. Trying to clench like I've never clenched before AND use the clutch at the same time was fun.

And I just realized that I forgot to put beer in the fridge. Fark.

Almost quitting time! I really cannot wait...

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
or a school bus
:rofl:

Homeboy across the street has talked about doing that. It seems years ago he was some exec at Linens & Things, but was unemployed when I moved in. He works part time at the Sears Home Store (ghetto tiny Sears selling lawn tractors) now and last time I was over there he was talking about how sweet it would be to drive a school but instead.