Quantcast

Kore Torsion Riser Bar review or why I'm lucky to be alive

Aug 4, 2008
I always thought that bars should take a bit more force?

I mean dropping from 2-3 meters to flat shouldn't totally bend one's bars like that?

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Is that the 2014 or another alloy?
I think the bar in question is 6061, but it brings up the question, how would a 7000 series or carbon bar have reacted? Maybe no damage, maybe catastrophe... But I do like the idea of critical parts that will fail like this, instead of pinging off.

Does anyone even offer 2014 bars with decent specs these days? Cool to see Kore has an 800mm 6000 series bar if you want to go that route. The price is right, too... $30 ??!

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
But I do like the idea of critical parts that will fail like this, instead of pinging off.
Yep! I just bought 2 more.

I always thought that bars should take a bit more force?

I mean dropping from 2-3 meters to flat shouldn't totally bend one's bars like that?
I think it has to do with the specifics of the situation. I think my weight was biased forward significantly, and where the front wheel landed was just a tiny bit uphill, not flat (maybe? I have no idea). I've had some other really big hits on these bars that haven't bent them. The kinds of hits where my ankles started swelling immediately and wrists were sore (not the exact bars, but same model).

Last edited:

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Looked like a doozy for sure.
If you're still up here tomorrow (or anybody from RM), look for me and we'll shred a lap!! White Norco Aurum w/ Fox.
Yeah somehow walked away with just some scratches on my hip. Sadly heading back to the states tomorrow. Why does Whistler have to be so much better than anywhere in California?