Quantcast

KING OF THE LAKE - NC State Super D Championship Series

Discussion in 'The South' started by Guard, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Guard Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
    BMCC will be hosting the King of the Lake NC State Super D Championship Series for 2013. This series will consist of three races at W Kerr Scott Dam (aka Dark Mtn Trail System in Wilkesboro).

Race #1 - Headwaters Hustle - March 9th, 2013 - this race will be held on a new course that is approximately 4 miles from Dark Mtn. The new course is a loop off of the Warrior Creek trail, called Headwaters. This race will also include a "Dash for Cash" that will be held immediately following the Super D.

Race #2 & 3 - Dark Mtn - dates TBD

Attached are two race info sheets. One is for the series and the other is for the Headwaters Hustle & Dash for Cash.

We are in the process of updating our website (bmcc.us) so if you click to it nothing is posted yet.

This should be a fun series...hope you can join us!!!:D

Attached Files:

2. Jeremy R <b>x</b>

Rep  |  Likes:
    9   |   17
    Sounds good Matt. Looking forward to riding warrior creek too.
  3. AngryMetalsmith Business is good, thanks for asking

Rep  |  Likes:
    35   |   44
    Headwaters, is that the one with the berm the size of a house ? Coming down that would be a blast.

Jeremy you still haven't ridden WC ? You'll dig it.
  4. trap121 Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
    Media:
    Whats the best way to get to headwaters without riding the whole WC including parking? Ive never been out there.

I saw this question in another thread but I cant find the thread.
  5. Guard Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
    This is a different section than the big berm section. That's on the main loop. To get to Headwaters without riding everything, park in the upper parking lot (old slalom course). You can either take the road in or ride Warrior clockwise (backwards). It's about 3 miles right now. We are working on a new easy loop for campers and it will also allow quicker access to Headwaters. Our next trail day is on January 12th and we maybe able to connect it in. We do have a dated trail map on our site (bmcc.us). Click on Kerr Scorr Trail Guide and then open the Warrior Creek map.
  6. Guard Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
    Also if anyone wants to come out to the trail day we could do some runs on Headwaters afterwards. And BMCC will be providing lunch too!!!
  7. FCLinder New Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
    I will try to make all 3 races. Looking for more Super D's and Enduros in 2013!

Cecil
  8. 0110-M-P Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    1   |   2
    Yes.

Looking forward to comparing my big bike time to my not-so-big bike time at the Super D's though.
  9. trap121 Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
    Media:
    Anyone know what the conditions are like? Im thinking about heading out there Mon or Tues
  10. Guard Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
    Course is pretty heavily covered in leaves. This week hasn't been ideal so haven't had a chance to go blow it off.
  11. Guard Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
    The super D portion of the course is all clear. If you pre-ride it, the super D will end just before a small rock-water fall type section. This is right before you go into a mild prolonged climb. I plan to clear the Dash part of the course this coming Saturday.

Also we're having a trail day this Saturady January 12th, meeting at the Warrior Creek parking lot at 9am. Plans are to work on a new short loop for the campers that will also be a short-cut connector to Headwaters. We'll end the trail day around 1pm. BMCC will be providing lunch for the trail crew followed by a ride. If anyone can make it out for the trail day &/or the ride just let me know when you arrive (704-903-3831). Once we drive in at 9am the gate will be closed so I can drive back out and let you in.
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  12. Guard Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
  13. Bum New Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
  14. trap121 Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
    Media:
    Is there a gate fee to get to the parking lot by WC?
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  15. Guard Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
    no fee to ride there. from the parking lot you'll have to pedal a few miles in to get to the course. i did finish blowing the leaves off of the rest of headwaters yesterday. we've had a lot of rain and calling for more this week. the course is slick & muddy so would advise waiting till it dries up some.
  16. Guard Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
    all the rain has really hit us hard. a lot of our trails are under water. i expect it to be at least a week or more before the water goes down and then they'll need some time to dry out as well. the water is so high that it is almost to the walking track at dark mtn!
  17. waterdogs New Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
    Matt, any chance you can email me the non-pdf version of the race flyer(s)?
  18. waterdogs New Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
  19. bizutch Delicate CUSTOM flower

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   4
    True story. When I first figured out Strava, I went to Greens Lick and did two runs on my DH and trail bike on similar days. My time was exactly the same to the second. :no:
  20. waterdogs New Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
  21. waterdogs New Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
    Roll call..... Who's going this weekend to Wilkesboro?
  22. bizutch Delicate CUSTOM flower

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   4
    Was asked if I'm going. Contemplating. Anybody got a Strava or Garmin elevation profile for it? It won't sway me one way or the other. If I can go, I'll come even if it looks like a wall.
  23. mlin32 New Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
    I'm in.
  24. FCLinder New Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
    My bike will not be ready in time. Wish I was going to be there as I have put a lot of Road miles in getting ready for this event. Will have to wait till the next one. Have fun guys!

Cecil
  25. bizutch Delicate CUSTOM flower

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   4
    So for the Super D, we have to pedal a couple miles to the course? I'm confused. Still trying to talk the family into this, but having a tough time understanding. How far are you from the registration and parking during the race? Is it a situation where we need to pack all our gear in to the staging/start area until our turn as far as water and food?
  26. Guard Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
    We'll have the gate open so you'll be able to drive on into the park. The super D doesn't have a whole lot of pedaling. The course is geared more toward handling than anything.

The weather is looking nice...hope you guys can come on out!!!
  27. siege New Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
    Any advice on a place to camp or crash on friday night near the race. I am driving a from few hours away so I am planning on taking off tonight and sleeping nearby so I can take a look at the course before the race and maybe ride it once. Also x2 on a elevation profile or maybe a link to a video or a rough description of the course would be appreciated.
  28. Guard Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
    Sorry for the delayed response...been at the trail all afternoon. There is a Hampton Inn (Wilkesboro location) that's close to the course, about 8 miles away. If you use them please let them know you're in for the race. There isn't a lot of elevation change...probably less than 100 ft but the course is pretty fun. And sorry no video either. For a description, it has more berms than anything. There is some section near the start that a short uphill and then into a flat road garden that you have to pedal through. See you tomorrow!
  29. Guard Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
    A big thanks to everyone that came out and supported the race! Everything went pretty smooth with the exception of the start of the race being delayed by 15 minutes or so...we got to the finish line and then realized that we'd forgot the tripods.:think:

We should be able to post the 4 remaining races by the end of the week. The next 3 will take place on the Dark Mtn course and the season finale will be back on Headwaters. Unfortunately we have to wait till the park closes at Warrior Creek before we can race again on Headwaters. So the last race will be towards the end of October. And for those that couldn't make the race you're not out of the points running. Since we're expanding to 5 races you'll be able to drop one race for series points (best 4 out of 5 races).

Thanks again for all support!!!!
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  30. waterdogs New Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
    I had another shoot today (Sunday) and haven't gone through the images yet, but in the mean time, here's a teaser of sorts. Zach Miller of Synder Cycles. More coming soon. 859557_321982787924845_745881061_o.jpg
  31. waterdogs New Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
  32. Guard Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
  33. Guard Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
  34. waterdogs New Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
    Keep me posted on the dates for the rest of the series Matt. Thank you sir.
  35. NCBMXPRO New Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
    Awesome pics.
  36. waterdogs New Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
    Thanks Dude. Looking forward to doing it all over again this weekend at Clemson.
  37. Guard Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
    Have the next race date nailed down...May 18th. I should have the event info finalized by Monday. Basically it'll be the same schedule as the first race with the exception of no Dash race.

Thanks again to everyone for all the support! Hope you can make it back out for this one...and bring a buddy with you!:D
  38. andym Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
    Is the next one at Dark Mtn? What section is the course on?
  39. Guard Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
    It is at Dark Mtn & we'll be using the standard super D course. I'll get a map drawn up and post. Also I'm starting a new thread for race #2. Thanks for inquiring!
  40. dirtinmyeye New Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
    In the results my son's USAC number is not showing up. Clancy Loorham - he placed 3rd in 15-18 Juniors. The number was on his registration. What do we need to do? Thanks!