Quantcast

Jumping over other rider head

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
Guys, there was a short movie posted on RM showing one rider jump over head of another rider during a race. I think it was in Europe?
Can you pls help me find it?

Thx in advance.

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
I remember seeing this last year. It was a race in Germany I think. One rider goes off a bridge type jump as another rider is taking the go-around.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Don't care. Drop in on me like that, you'd better be gone when I put put my ass across the finish, because I will be looking to cram my entire bike up your anus.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Judging by the diff in speed the other guy would be long gone on the next uplift before the rider with the cam was done. I still reckon its set up.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
If it was set up I don't think the guy would have cased the landing haha... or maybe he just didn't like the other guy very much.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
This guy's ready:

(stolen from original thread)
There was this one race at Wisp that I came around a drop to 4 or 5 people doing that.

Judging by the diff in speed the other guy would be long gone on the next uplift before the rider with the cam was done. I still reckon its set up.
Oh I'd find you, I'd find you...

In fairness to the rest of RM, Dirt is just a filthy beast and would cram stuff up in there even if you just hung out at the laundromat together.
Hey, god wouldn't have given you a pocket like that if he hadn't intended for me to stuff things in it.

There was this one race at Wisp that I came around a drop to 4 or 5 people doing that.

Oh I'd find you, I'd find you...

Hey, god wouldn't have given you a pocket like that if he hadn't intended for me to stuff things in it.

reminds me of....

I talked to some random new age dude in a pub once who told me he was enlightened.

If you have to tell people, you're probably not....

just sayin

EVIL JN

Monkey
Jul 24, 2009
It is really not faster per say, rather it is because of the fact that the shortest route will be as close to the ground as possible. And you do not have the same control while being air born as you do with the tires on the ground.

...I thought they say it's faster to stay on the ground vs the air, or is this a exception...
while on the ground, acceleration is still possible. at the bmx track. i almost never stop pedaling, even in the air, in attempt to get my rear wheel back down to the ground faster. the air, acceleration is not possible, minus the pull of gravity on the descent, but that is negligible....

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Just got me thinking. I thought they say it's faster to stay on the ground vs the air, or is this a exception. It looks like he just about jumped into the lead.
Flying over an obstacle is much faster than actually having to navigate it. Jumping can also give you a good speed boost when you hit the tyranny.

In this case he may have hung back to get a good fast line into the jump. He was probably carrying more speed than the other riders at this point.

P.S. I miss 4X, fvck all the haters

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
while on the ground, acceleration is still possible. at the bmx track. i almost never stop pedaling, even in the air, in attempt to get my rear wheel back down to the ground faster. the air, acceleration is not possible, minus the pull of gravity on the descent, but that is negligible....
and air resistance.

viva le skinsuit!