Quantcast

JBP Birthday Bash in Monkton, VT

Bunnista

Chimp
Jul 27, 2015
John Bryan Peters is turning 70 on 8/21/15. A celebration is in order! I'm happy to host the out of townies; have a guest room, 2 couches, and plenty of land to tent.

Details (subject to change):

A possible night ride or hang out Friday night (21st) if folks want to come that night.

Saturday (22nd) early afternoon ride at the Mountain Which Must Not Be Named, with JBP as our fearless leader.

Saturday night bonfire/potluck/party at my place (three miles from JBP).

For those still standing or wishing to endure more pain, a ride on Sunday.

For planning purposes, please let me know who plans to attend and when.

Woot!

-B

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Will pedal around here in honor of the 50th anniversary of his 20th birthday. Very slowly, and I will stop often to groom my imaginary 'stache, bitch about hipsters and my back, but I will pedal in his honor nonetheless...

D.2

Monkey
Jun 17, 2010
Medway, MA
You had me at bonfire. I should be able to make it and will likely bring 3 or 4 others with me (Mark, Raj, Oscar, Pedro). Can you accomodate all of us? How far are you from KT?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Hmmm......this is quite tempting. My birthday is 8/22, I like beer and have a beef with the mountain that shall not be named (I'd like to ride it on a bie better suited to it's nastiness than last time). I do have to be home for my nephew's birthday on Sunday morning though? I'll see what arrangements can be made.

Bunnista

Chimp
Jul 27, 2015
A double birthday bash--sounds great!! The Mountain is calling...and the beer.

I have a guest room with a double bed, a futon, 2 couches, and plenty of tent space.

I'm about 2 hr from KT. Lots of good local riding too.

John n I will be a VMBA fest this weekend...anyone else?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Although highly unlikely I can attend, this is relevant to my interests.

Just checked Kayak for prices and around $500 to fly (not including bike) is probably a bit too much for me to pull off. If flights were around $300 I would seriously consider it. Happy (early) Birthday, JBP!

D.2

Monkey
Jun 17, 2010
Medway, MA
I'm considering a day at KT on Friday preceding this momentous occassion. We may head up Thursday night, stay in the campground cabins down the road from KT ($35 per cabin per night), then hit KT hard on Friday and head over the festivities late afternoon. Possible Millstone day on Sunday?