Quantcast

...it's a YouTube extravaganza!

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
^^^^

A bus driver has spoken out in defence of a cyclist who apparently skipped a red light and crashed into him.

Gary Wilkinson commented on Manchester Evening News’s Facebook page saying the cyclist’s brake cable snapped as he approached the lights.

He said: ‘I was the driver of the bus and just to let everyone know I parked just round the corner and ran back. The cyclist was very lucky and only suffered a cut to one of his knuckles. Also in the cyclists defence his brake cable snapped and he couldn’t stop. Scariest thing that ever happened to me.

The cyclist, who was filmed by Captf, responded to the video saying: ‘Thought I’d just get the lights, hence the speed. Realised it wasn’t happening, squeezed the front brake. Cable snapped. Not enough time to lose speed on back wheel in the wet.

‘It’s a fixed back wheel, front brake for urgent braking, pushing back on the pedals gives you controlled but sadly slower braking with the back wheel, so what you see is me pushing back as hard as i can but it’s a cr** bit of road surface and it was wet.’

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
^^^^

A bus driver has spoken out in defence of a cyclist who apparently skipped a red light and crashed into him.

Gary Wilkinson commented on Manchester Evening News’s Facebook page saying the cyclist’s brake cable snapped as he approached the lights.

He said: ‘I was the driver of the bus and just to let everyone know I parked just round the corner and ran back. The cyclist was very lucky and only suffered a cut to one of his knuckles. Also in the cyclists defence his brake cable snapped and he couldn’t stop. Scariest thing that ever happened to me.

The cyclist, who was filmed by Captf, responded to the video saying: ‘Thought I’d just get the lights, hence the speed. Realised it wasn’t happening, squeezed the front brake. Cable snapped. Not enough time to lose speed on back wheel in the wet.

‘It’s a fixed back wheel, front brake for urgent braking, pushing back on the pedals gives you controlled but sadly slower braking with the back wheel, so what you see is me pushing back as hard as i can but it’s a cr** bit of road surface and it was wet.’
So, what you're saying is........Look at that wagon!

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Expensive wine, high test beers, fancy phile grade equipment...often taste placebo for suckers

I like the idea of actually embracing this knowledge. I think a lot of this is actually what your friends at Apple are really good at. This is an really good talk about it and funny too

He also mentions the wine example.

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Expensive wine, high test beers, fancy phile grade equipment...often taste placebo for suckers

That was interesting. When the lady and I go tasting like we did around Ashland a few weekends ago, there are some we like and some we don't. She has slightly different tastes than I do, but there are a lot we both enjoy. Some of it is simply the experience (all the views were amazing), but the price is rarely a factor. I think the last place we hit we dropped $300ish on 2 tastings, a few eats, and about a dozen bottles. So maybe $22 a bottle average after food costs and I enjoyed it (why we bought a dozen bottles). We had a 10% off with our wine passports, plus I think they gave us a discount on the number, too. But out of 4 wineries we hit, we only bought from 3 and came home with about 20 bottles total (there is limited space in the Corvette with the dogs and luggage).

But I have never drank my wine/beer based on the price tag or by what Wine Spectator says. :rofl:

<edit> I think the most expensive bottle was $35, but I didn't pay close attention. This was the last joint we hit.
http://www.bellefiorewine.com/belle-fiore-tasting-menus

Last edited: